Chapter Three ☆

Marinette

Edited. Enjoy :)

I checked in with the secretary and walked into my office.

I'm so fucking annoyed with Adrien right now, he thinks he can just apologize and everything will be alright? He doesn't know how it feels.

I just hope he can change. Because I don't know what else to do. I've done some things that's gotten him hyped up but he's done way worse. He wants to talk things through tonight, maybe he wants to change I don't know, and I really don't care anymore.

He's ruined the special connection we had in our relationship since highschool. Now we're adults, and all we do is fight, fuck it out, fight, apologize, and it's eating me alive.

My thoughts are interrupted when alya comes in.

My best friend. She'll always have my back, ever since we started school, and Chloe was picking on me Alya stood up for me. I'll never forget that day, there's so many things she's done for me till this day.

She's a lovely woman. Nino is lucky to have a girl like Alya.

And to be honest... I'm jealous of their relationship.

She's always there for me whenever Adrien does something to hurt me. I smile and stop what I'm doing.

"hey al, what's up?" I say trying not to sound upset about this morning. But she already got a hint and cuts straight to the point and asked what happend this time.

"Nothing... Everything was ok..." I say even though it was a lie, She doesn't take that for an answer. She sits on the chair Infront of me, "What happend girl? I know he said something to upset you. Talk to me," she crossed her arms over her chest.

I opened up to her and told her everything that happened this morning. Her smile faded from her face and all I could see was disappointment written all over her face. "I swear he's already pissing me off. Why are you still with him Mari? There's plenty other guys you can find and they will treat like a queen and not him." She said to me.

I frown and nod my head in disagreement. Even though she's right, I can never leave Adrien. I can't do that to him.

"I can't alya... I can't. I love him so much and I know he loves me too but I cant leave him. I've waited so long for him, and I finally have him but he's not the Adrien I wanted so badly back in highschool. " I say holding back my tears, so I don't break down Infront of her.

She sighs. I know she wants the best for me but I can't leave Adrien even though he breaks my heart so much, I don't want to leave him and find someone else I want Adrien and only him.

"It's your choice Mari, I'm not forcing you but sometimes you have to take matters into your own hands. You can't just let him break your heart and let him play around with your feelings..?! If he doesn't change sooner or later I will do something about this." She says.

She's serious. Of course I don't mind her helping me with this relationship, but for now... I don't want her to do anything that can break us up apart.

"Thanks alya, but please just give us some time... you know, to work things out." I muttered out and she nods.

"Anyways I better get going and finish this assignment for the boss." She said and she left me.

I groan in frustration and I start to cry.

Adrien.

I fucked up.

And I always do if I don't change she'll leave me, and I know alya has already talked to her about breaking up with me and finding someone else. I just don't know what to do.

I love Marinette so much I really do, but I don't know what's wrong with me. I always mange to fuck things up, I'm such an idiot. I remember the promise I made to her back in highschool, and up to this day I broke it.

Just like I broke her heart.

I promise to love, respect, protect and trust you, and give you the best of myself. For I know that together we will build a life far better than either of us could imagine alone.

Love.

I haven't loved her the way I did back in highschool. I promised to love her and only her, and I stopped doing that.

Respect.

I haven't respected her opinions, I haven't valued her, I don't prioritize her anymore. I make her feel like she can't trust me, and she doesn't! I've betrayed her trust, I never listen to what she has to say.

Give you the best of myself.

I haven't done this. I've shown her what other things I could do, that I could never dare to do to her back in highschool. I've slept, kissed, flirted with so many other women and even her parents don't think of me as their golden boy.

Maybe I can try saying sorry to her?

No I can't say sorry to her. I'll just end up saying something else and then she'll cry- oh I hate seeing her like that, I don't deserve a girl like her, I'm such a monster. I don't care about her feelings.

I have to try, I need to make us work, I need her to be able to trust me. Tonight were going to talk things through and I'm going to make this work no matter what, I need to work hard on this relationship and not just throw it away like it was nothing.

If I don't do this sooner alya will probably have already- I bet she has found someone for marinette. She'll leave me for him and move on with her life. Forget about me and I will never see my princess again.

But I won't let that happen.

I can't, and I won't.

It was 7pm when I heard the door open and i knew it was Marinette. I rushed downstairs and I hugged her, I told her how sorry I am and I want her to know that i am sorry this time and i want to change.

"I'm so sorry princess. For everything I really am." I say using my thumb to gently rub her Rosey cheeks.

She grabs hold of my arm and says "I love you so much Adrien... but if this doesn't work out... i-i'll leave you." She said tears now spilling down her cheeks.

I feel so guilty for hurting her and I wipe her tears away. "I promise to change. I'll make it up to you just please don't leave me..." I said to her. She hugged me and said something that was inaudible but I could hear.

"I hope so..." I hug her back with so much love, I notice a smile creep up on her face and I also smile because she has given me a chance to prove myself.

Hope.

She still believes that I can change, she has hope that this will work out.

"I love you so much Bug..."

And I don't want to destroy the little hope she has for us... For our future.