Chapter Twenty - Six ☆

"Nino, we need to talk." Alya dragged her fiancé to the corner of the kitchen wall where Marinette couldn't see them. "It's about Adrien," She whispered once they were comfortable.

"He's bothering you too? He keeps ringing my phone up, and it's getting annoying. I told him to stop calling my line, but he wouldn't listen." Nino fixed the cap on his head.

It was true.

Adrien has been trying his best to get to Alya and Nino. If he was able to get through to them, then maybe he'd get to Marinette.

Alya sighed, rubbing her forehead trying to think if an idea. "Maybe we should move, temporarily." Alya suggested.

"No, it's too sudden. Marinette will think something is up. If we tell her about Adrien, it'll break her heart, Alya." Nino said. "We have to confront him about it. If we don't, sooner or later, he'll be calling Marinette up." Nino unlocked his phone, dialing Adrien's phone number. Nino looked at Alya for confirmation before calling him.

"Your right, Nino." She smiled at him kissing his cheek.

"H-Hello?! Nino," Adrien responded frantically over the other line.

"Hey man, listen, Alya is here with me. We need to talk, seriously." Nino forcing the words out. He really didn't want to talk to Adrien, he had no interest in striking a conversation with the blonde. But he needed to get the message through his thick skull, that is letting the warning go through one ear and out the other.

"Oh... Hey Alya... How's Marinette?" He questioned sounding nervous on the call.

"Adrien, you need to stop calling us up. We don't need you giving Marinette another reason to feel depressed again- She's great so far without you, and that's all that matters." She looked over to her best friend who cooped up on the couch watching a movie, with smile gracing her gorgeous face.

"C-Can I talk to her? Please, I just need to hear her voice! I need to know she's okay... Better yet, I need to see her please." Adrien pleaded, his voice cracking.

"No, I'm sorry dude. This isn't the right moment, she's still broken Adrien. When she's ready she'll come to you, but for now... I don't think she wants you," Nino broke down the truth to him. "I'm sorry, I don't want you calling this line again Adrien. My fiancé is getting stressed just by hearing her voice, and she's feeling s little uneasy. So, if you could please... Don't call me again." Nino said, sounding harsh over the phone but he was shaking.

He'd never say that to anyone.

Alya patted his shoulder and smiled at him. "Good job," she whispered to him.

"Okay... Okay, I'm sorry Nino. Alya if your listening I'm sorry. I won't call your numbers again, I'll leave you alone. Goodbye," He rasped, ending the phone call with a hint sadness and regret in the way he spoke.

"Phew, I thought that'd be harder than I thought." Nino let out a shaky breath. "I kind of feel bad for him,"

He raised his hand in the air to silence her before she could reply to his comment.

"But, he hurt my friend and I don't think I could forgive him for that. After many warnings I gave him during their relationship, he ignored them all. He deserves it," Nino pecked his wife's lips, and pulled her close to his chest.

𓃰

Adrien stared at the ceiling, with an empty mind.

He stood up, the emotions building up as he smashed his phone against the wall. The tears blurring his vision as he tossed the table over, flinging the books around the room. "Fuck!" He cursed his breathing becoming rapid, as he tugged on his hair digging his fingers in his scalp.

Was that their way of telling him to fuck off?

He sobbed, looking around the room picking up a hammer. He walked out the door, taking a deep breath before swinging at his car.

"Fuck this!" He yelled in anger, he didn't live in a neighborhood. He had no neighbours to confront him, and tell him to quit his dramatic smashing.

He broke off the mirrors, the windows shattering and dropping on the tarmac below him. Shards flying at him, but he did nothing to protect himself. He couldn't care less about his life, if Marinette wasn't here, his life wasn't worth it.

"Stupid, stupid absolute fucking idiot! Telling me to fuck off? Who does he think he is huh?" He cursed, trashed, and smashed his car up until it was of no use. He stopped, staggering backwards and dropping to the floor. He listened to breathing, tuning in on the sounds of nature.

He laughed. He laughed, and laughed until he couldn't and gave up crying tears.

He layed there, staring into the sunset as he rested his back on the body of the car. "I'm such an idiot. An absolute, fucking disgrace!" He bit his fist stopping himself from crying, but his bottom lip quivered. He was broken.

He closed his eyes. He was tired, he couldn't move. He was in pain, and he couldn't take it anymore. The torture was eating him alive.

𓃰

"Who was it?" Marinette walked over to the fridge to get another juice box.

The two jumped and acted as if nothing happened. "Who was what?" Alya asked, smiling nervously at her friend. "How long have you been standing there? She asked again, rasing an eyebrow.

"Not long, I just came over to get another juice. Have you watched the movie yet? It's so good, what's taking you both so long? You said you'd join me." Marinette said looking back over her shoulder.

"W-We'll be right there Mari," Nino called after her. "Keep this between ourselves, okay?" Nino sat down beside the bluenette.

Alya nodded, sitting down and popping some popcorn in her mouth.

They watched as Marinette threw her head back, laughing with her heart.

She was so happy, but it that happiness will only last for so long.