Me or them

"Look baby I'm so sorry" Dre said. He has been apologizing nonstop all week. I was sitting on the couch with Dre massaging my feet. The kids were gone and we were all alone. "Look baby I'm so sorry. I was blind by the hurt that I didn't think. I've been hurt so many times I tried to quickly build my wall back up but it had to many cracks. I just want to say I would tear down my wall brick by brick just to be with you. When I wake up in the morning I think of you. It hurts me to know you are mad at me" he said. "I'm not mad at you. I forgave you on your first apology" I said. "Really" he asked. I shook my head and pulled him in to a kiss.

One thing led to another and we were making love. I made sure he wore a condom because I have enough kids. At about 8 o clock I woke up to a empty bed. I got up and put some clothes on. I went downstairs and fixed me breakfast. I called Dre but he didn't answer. I called his mom but he wasn't over there but he sent someone to pick up Unity. I called Unity but she didn't answer.

I got a message from Unity's phone telling me to come get her with an address. So I drove to the address and heard a lot of screaming. I ran in the house and was grabbed. The man tied me to a chair and drug me to a room. I saw Dre laying in a pool of blood in a closet and Unity laying on the bed. "Boss do you know this lady" the man asked. "Nah what's your name ma" a big black man asked. "Kayla" I said. "Well what are you doing here" he asked. "My boyfriend, Dre, left me with the kids with his deadbeat ass. My home girl said she saw him come in here so I came" I lied. "Let her go red" he said. "Yeah red let me go. Attacking people and stuff" I said. Red let me go and walked out.

"So you know Dre and his kid" he asked. I nodded. "Is she yours" he asked. "No but I treat her as my own" I said. "Well she is really mine and he just adopted her. I hated her and her mother. Her brother I didn't care about" he said. "Oh wow" I said. "Yeah I just beat her down too" he said. "Why" I asked. "She was fucking my homie and being a slut like her damn momma" he said grabbing my waist. I gasped as he pulled me close. "You care about them and I know it. I'll let them both go for you. You are a fine young lady. I know you have kids so I'll let you have two. Deal? Or nah" he said. I looked at Unity to see her looking at me crying. Then I looked at Dre. "Will you hurt me or my babies" I asked. "No. I want to marry you and make you my girl. I want to settle down but still be in control" he said. "If I say yes can I get myself together" I asked. "Yes but they stay with me until then" he said. "If I can have three we got a deal" I said.

I pulled up to my house and called Chris. "Hello baby" he said.
"Chris you have to take care of the twins" I said.
"So I don't have to take you to court" he asked.
"No" I said.