Special 4.2

"Why is the hood look glitchy?" Mono doesn't know why but feels the same as when he met the Glitching Remains in the Pale City. Yet, unlike those ones, he can't absorb this one the moment he touches it.

"What is this person?"

Mono struggles to move but can do only so much. Even if he tries to turn over, the person prevents that happen.

"Oh! Didn't she tell you about me?" Mono is suddenly up in arms about the sinister voice mentioning Six.

"Who are you?!"

"I have many names." The person keeps whispering as Mono feels a drastic menacing presence. And it starts making his skin crawl, reminding him of the recent nightmare -"But your friend calls me the dark version of her, Shadow Six."

"Shadow? Aren't you one of those Glitching Remains?" Mono says as he stops trying to escape hopelessly. And decides to wait for an opportunity.

"I'm no Remains. I'm just an astray soul."

Mono is surprised. That reminds him of that nightmare, of that person.

"Do you know Monaural?" Mono can't resist asking that. And he immediately regrets it as... "WHAT." The voice becomes more furious after Mono asks. And a strong force drastically presses on his back, making him struggle to breathe.

"How do you know that NAME?"

Mono can feel the intense agony as the chill in the nightmare can be felt. Suddenly, the pain in his back makes him aware of his position. He struggles to move yet can't. It feels as if something sharp pierces his skin. He tries to scream out of pain but can't. He still can breathe, but something isolates his scream.

"Where is that person?" The voice becomes more sinister as the pain worsens rapidly. "WHERE IS HE?!"

Then, Mono gets turned back and face to face with the person. And...

"What?"

.

The person looks identical to Six's. The height. The face. The raincoat. Everything is the same but darkened. And the hood glitches rapidly. The eyes are pure black, staring intensely at him.

The person's hands clench on Mono's hospital clothes gruffly, lifting him despite their size. He feels his life is in danger if he lets this continue further.

Gabbing the person's hands drastically, Mono stares back with determination. He wouldn't let anyone threaten his life after all he experienced. He has gained experience as much as he suffered. All the cycles he went through weren't for nothing.

Static particles occasionally emit where they touch each other as a mild breeze, and the darkness surrounds them.

"I don't know who he is nor where he is. But you are threatening my life. And I won't let you do THAT!" Mono stands his ground as he slowly fights back the person who stares back at him calmer.

He clenches his hands harder. Static starts spreading throughout the person's body, more and more glitching. So glitching to the point as fading out. And Mono also feels the power rushing through his hands.

.

Then, Mono hears a static, and the person...disappears? He doesn't even notice until the freezing wind suddenly makes him back to sense. "Where is it?" Looking around, Mono sees nothing but moonlight illuminating the dark hallway lightly.

"Mono?"

"Six?" Mono turns to where the sound is, and there Six is, not glitching or anything like that thing. She doesn't wear her raincoat but the same one as him. And look slightly concerned.

"Why are you here?" Six says and comes closer to Mono -"Are you fine?"

"I'm fine. I'm fine. It's just some scratches when I fell." Mono decides not to tell about what he has experienced, afraid of reminding Six's bad memories. He thinks that thing may have something to do with Six dropping him.

However, Six looks skeptical at what Mono says.

"What are you doing here?" But decides not to ask about it -"And do you want me to lend a hand?"

.

Mono realizes that he's still on the floor. Feeling slightly embarrassed, he takes Six's hand to get up. Then, he feels some Deja vu as Six's about to get him to stand up.

"This looks like the first time we met." Mono says.

Six also realizes that and giggles slightly as her cheeks redden slightly. Mono adores the ruby eyes under her bang.

.

"What are you two doing here?" Recovery Girl, the old nurse lady, surprises them from behind. Mono quickly gets up by himself as Six gets her hands back. They felt something discontinued after.

"Why don't you rest?" Recovery Girl continues asking after looking around for anything suspicious but none.

"I'm just looking for a place to 'relieve.' So I look for one," Mono explains himself, to which the lady points back at the room where they were and says -"There's one in there."

Mono hastily gets in the restroom as his face looks slightly disappointed. He feels without her interrupting, something might happen though it's just the feeling. Yet, he would never know.

.

Six also looks slightly dissatisfied. she also feels an odd feeling towards Mono that she has never experienced before, even in the Pale City. Something...feels nice to have.

"Dear?" Six snaps back to reality and looks down at the old lady. "Did you two have a fight?"

"No." Six says -"At least, he forgave me now."

The old nurse observes a bit. "Maybe it is harsh where you two are from. But here, you can rest as much as you can without much threat." And goes back to the infirmary.

Six follows the old lady and goes back to her bed. She takes time to think about this world. She knows this place isn't the same as either Pale City or the Maw. This place is so brighter and more lifeful than anywhere she's been that she doesn't know if this is the same world she knows.

Turning to the side, Six looks out the window and admires the picturesque scene of the busy city.

...

(End of chapter)

That's it for this chapter. Hope you did enjoy it. ^^

If you have any reviews or complaints about the story, tell me so that it can become better. :D

And if you are interested in my Crossover, Follow my profile for more. :33

Thanks for reading. 

- TLK9999