XIV. Ready for the storm

Hi, Christopher here!

It's been 2 weeks since the last chapter. But here it is.

Hope you enjoy it! ^^

--------

(Start of chapter)

It's early morning at 6 A.M. The night is little by little replaced by a new day's dawn, which slowly obscures the stars and reveals the cloud hiding in the dark. The air is mildly cold with a gentle breeze that gives a very ideal place to do anything.

And now, Deku is exercising by running around the school. That's what keeps his body fit after moving into the dorm. Ever since he got the chance to become, he has worked out quite a lot, even during weekends.

While doing so, he thinks about what he experienced yesterday. A dream about the descendants of One For All.

(Last night, in the dream)

A man opened a hatch to meet another in a confined room. It's All For One and his younger brother, the first user of One For All.

"Ahhh...You're still not eating, Yoichi?..." All For One said with a condescending tone. "...You poor thing. You've gotten so thin."

"I refuse (Cough) to be manipulated by you," Yoichi said while coughing periodically. His body has shown sides of malnutrition.

"Isn't it about time to give up?..." All For One told with a teasing tone. "I've united who wielded their power for petty crimes in my faction. But there was one group that declined my offer. They were a very dangerous existence. And so, they were annihilated." And looked at Yoichi. "...Guess who is the leader of that group, brother?"

Yoichi just looked at his older brother with a slightly dreadful face.

"Athena." That put Yoichi to a surprised face. "What!?"

"Yes. Athena, a pathetic quirkless woman just like you, the one that you refused to accept to keep her safe. And don't get me wrong!" He said with pride. "She was a good fighter with all those fancy gadgets she has. All my followers struggle to defeat her, making me do it myself. Now she's just a corpse. Pity for her, for trying to oppose me." Yoichi looks slightly in terror to hear the news.

All For One then looked down at his brother with a despised face. "It's just like the world of that comic we read together, on that day way back then."

Yoichi showed some minor signs of desperation before he said.

"But you have only read to volume 3. And there are still more to come in that comic. In the world of evilness and fear, the hero of justice never gave up. And in the end, he saved everyone. And that, brother..." He said with determination and to assure his brother that he was going to lose. "...is where you're wrong. Villains always lose. No matter how influential or how powerful they are, they will definitely lose at the end of the story."

That pissed All For One, who drastically grabbed his brother in agony.

"Fantasy has become reality! And in it, things WON'T go like they do in stories." He said with a calm yet intimidating voice. "I WILL REWRITE THE REALITY, IN WHICH YOU REFUSE TO OBEY ME."

"STOP IT!"

Deku then tried to reach his hands towards the younger brother with the hope of saving. He couldn't stand watching the person being tortured but couldn't move his legs.

Then, black smoke obscured them as he couldn't see them anymore

"So, you're the ninth?" Deku could hear the voice of the younger brother. "I want to show you a little more, but..."