XXI. Mono

Mono stands in front of the Nomu with burning determination in his eyes. They burn the desire not only to kill the monster, but to make it suffer.

Static forms around his hands like a mini tornado, ready to burst out any moment.

Then, Mono knees slightly.

Suddenly, Mono teleports in front of the monster and punches its face.

The Nomu, which hasn't recovered from the earlier attack, gets knocked to the sky.

Mono teleports again and reaches out to the head of the monster, not letting it a moment to react. He immediately kicks it to the ground. The impact is so powerful that it makes quite a big crack in the road.

However, Mono keeps Six's body safe and untouched inside the static shield. He then lands on the ground and focuses his power on his hands. His left eye blazes more fiercely.

Mono unleashes the power on the Nomu, forcefully lifting it. He flinches it towards the building, which is formed to make "soft" surfaces for it. He waves his hand left and right up and down, making the Nomu a pathetic toy in his domain.

While doing so, Mono remains a calm face with hidden rage.

*CRASH!*

*CRASH!*

*CRASH!*

*CRASH!*

The buildings repair themselves after every time Mono tosses the monster.

*CRASH!*

*CRASH!*

*CRASH!*

*CRASH!*

"ENOUGH!" The Nomu thrushes itself towards Mono. It releases its gigantic limbs toward the boy with extreme speed.

It has enough being played like an underling. And it attacks with full force and murderous intention.

*BOOM!*

The Nomu crashes against Mono. The impact is so strong that the road cracks on the spot and dust fly everywhere around them.

The Nomu smirks as it thinks the boy can't survive the onslaught.

However, it is wrong. So wrong!

Mono still stands. His glitching flame still blazes. And he is holding something that blocks the monster's attack.

"Very self-complacent. Huh?" Mono says.

Mono now holds two axes with the heads slightly glitched.

The Nomu is startled, but Mono doesn't let it react to his attack.

*SLASH!*

He swings at the Nomu, whose attack also slices the reality behind the monster. The monster's arms are decapitated and drop like toy pieces.

Even the buildings are sliced into half, and so is the road.

The Nomu just gets back and tries to heal. However, to its surprise, the cut limbs can't be regenerated back.

Mono raises his axes, ready to make another strike. However, this one shakes the road, buildings, and even space itself.

"Wha..."

*SLASH!*

Mono slashes the axes ahead.

Then, there is a short silent moment.