the creation of a crew.

6 pov.

It has been 6 months since Lilith past away and i have somewhat thrown my life away. I was sitting in a workshop on omega. I had bottles of rynchol littered around me as I was working on a computer. I was trying to find where Gannons signal was coming from and getting close. It was either one or 2 systems away but I hit a dead end when the ship I scavenged broke down. I was traveling alone. Left the dogs with Joker rhinking it was a good idea. Then i set off not realizing the scavengers i bought the hunk of shit from had screwed me over. My driver core was faulty. Thus me having to dock at omega hoping to get someone to fix it. And to get it fixed I had to work a deal out with Aria T'loak. Real bitch but fair at least compared to... others. Our deal was to be a courier all across omega. Something happened to her last delivery guy and said until she replaced him I'm it. So she's been funding the repairs for my ship as I get drunk and deliver drugs and messages. Nothing to bad. I had been sitting in my workshop typing away when I heard someone bang on my door. I sighed getting up passing a mirror. My hair had grown to great lengths right to my shoulders. My beard was long and messy. My eyes were sunken deep and bloodshot from lack of sleep. I knew my breathe smelt of alcohol. I sighed and continued to the door as the pounding got more frequent.

"What?" I ask irritated. Bray the batarian looked in seeing the bottles.

"Please tell me you didn't drink yet." He asks concerned. In the 6 months I've been here bray and me have become somewhat friends. He doesn't hate humans like other batarians but won't come to the aid of a random one. Lucky for me I've won his favor for whatever that's worth.

"No I've got a bit of a hangover from last night but I'll be good for whatever aria needs." I state as I grab my coat and pistol. "What does she need?"

"Has a package meant foe someone coming in the port. Somebody named chucky." Bray said. "Aria wants him gone and hopes the package will be convincing enough." Bray turned and walked as I followed. "Then after you delivered it Aria wants to talk to you."

"Lovely what did I do this time?" I asked sarcastic as he handed me a package.

"Don't know. She didn't tell me." He said as I got in a sky car cab. Still haven't learned how to fly one. "Be quick though."

I nodded and the sky car drive off. I looked out seeing the skyline of the mining colony. I saw where archangels crew was chilling for the time being. Cool guy. Wish I knew who he was. Sarcasm is a good thing. We arrived at afterlife platform and passed by the captain incharge of the vorcha population. I walked down towards the docking Port to see a 3 foot tall human. He had a scar across his face and held a kitchen knife stained with blood.

"Hey pal." He said in a kind voice. "I'm looking for Aria T'loak." His voice held obvious sinister intentions. I wanted to punt him into space. I just handed him the package and turned around leaving going to afterlife. I heard him become happy and left. "Gonna get the kid."

"Lovely to hear." I mutter as I walk back seeing a box with guy guy doll written on it fly through space. "Creepy." I then walk into afterlife being stopped by one of the dancers.

"Hey 6." The asaria dancer said with a sultry voice putting a hand on my chest. "Welcome back to afterlife. Finally gonna take me up in that offer?"

"Look Holik I'm sorry but that's never gonna happen. I will never care for you like you deserve and my heart has no love left to give." I say softly as she sighed.

"One of these days you will be mine mailman." Holik said walked away swaying her hips as she left. I shook my head before walking up the stairs passing Grizz. He nodded as I paid him no mind getting up to Aria.

"Ah hello 6. How did it go?" Aria asked looking at me with a slight smile.

"I almost kicked him out the airlock because he sounded like he wanted to hurt you." I admit since she was technically my paycheck. "But I restrained myself."

"Good. Well I am a woman of my word. Your ship had been fixed and as a reward for such loyal service and excellent service we upgraded it." Aria said handing me s data pad detailing it.

"This is an entirely different and bigger ship

"This is an entirely different and bigger ship." I say confused. "Not to complain or be rude but what's the catch?" I ask looking up. "This is a frigate."

"I'm sending people along with you on your trip. Due to the fact you're setting up a new colony. I'd like a bit of.... involvement." Aria explained as I swiped right. "Your crew will be waiting for you outside. Just enough to help you get by. Your ship by the way was able to fit in this frigate so we put it in your ships bay."

"Whats its name?" I ask as I look through the list of the names.

"The Caninia. Named after some fossil from your planet." Aria explained. "We named your little crew the rangers." I scoffed at it slightly. "Do you find my choice wrong?"

"No it just reminds me of a group I use to know." I explain. "Do you want them to come back or do they stay with me?"

"If you have no more use for them then send them back. If not then keep them. I care not as long as you remember this favor because I will call upon it someday." I looked up to she her smirking.

"I'll do my best to repay it when I can." I smile and bow. "May you reign longer than any." She smiled more.

"Mmmm flattery will get you everywhere." Aria said smirking. "Bray take him to his ship." I look back to see him nod and I turn following him.

"So that explains why it took so long." I say as Bray walks to the sky cars.

"Yeah it's part of the reason I befriended you. Had to see what your personality was like before getting your crew." Bray explained as I look more at the names.

"So technically a crew of 25. Myself. 4 humans, 6 turians, 2 drell, 2 batarians, 2 krogans, 4 salarians, 3 quarians, and an asa-" I stop as I read the last name.

"Yeah that one was Arias choice." Bray explained as I got into the passenger seat.

"Holik Loari." I sigh rubbing the bridge of my nose. "As much as I don't want her on here I'm not saying no to Aria. Rather nor deal with it." Veay nods as we flew through omega before looking over. "Hey before we get to it can we stop at this warehouse?"

"What for?" Bray asked already landing.

"Saying goodbye to a friend." I say as I get out walking up to the door banging on it. It opened slightly to show a batarian. "He here?" I asked as the door closed. I turned around for a moment before hearing it open again. I look back to see a confused garrus.

"Hey 6 what's up?" He asked as i smiled softly but hardly.

"I'm leaving omega. Got a crew and my ship fixed up and off to find my friends." I say as he hugs me. "I'm sure I can make room for you and yours on the trip if you want to come." I offer as he let's go.

"Sorry but still got alot of things to fix here." Garrus said as i sighed. "Send me a message though when you get there. Might be a nice vacation spot for us when we're done."

"I'll send you a post card." I say before walking back to bray. I get back in as I look back to see him wave. "Alright Bray now to meet the crew."