nightmare to life.

No one pov.

6 stared at the dark hallway as he gulped in fear. A single light above shown light around him both hidding any shapes and shielding him from whatever hid. He breathed heavy and fast as he fell to his hands and knees staring ahead. He could hear cries of pain and anger. His knees and hands felt wet and warm. He looked down seeing a large puddle of blood around him. He shook more as he fell back on his ass in fear causing the blood to splash upon his face. He tried to move after but started to feel himself sink. Slowly he was up to his waist in blood as the light above started to shine less. He called out for help but no sound was made. From the darkness a shadowy hand grabbed his lifting him up. 6 looked up hopefully before being filled with dread. It was Lilith but wrong. She was covered in burns and her eyes missing. He tried to let go but couldn't. She leaned forward mouth agape. Tears left his eyes as he cried trying to ask for forgiveness. All he was met with was a blood curdling scream. His face hurt as if dozens of cuts opened letting blood pour out. He started to cry more till the light vanished from above.

6 jolted up as he felt the ship rock from the main weapon firing. He was still in his contair wearing his pj's as he felt his arms were wet and warm. He rolled up his sleeves seeing the gaze wraps were soaked through. "Fuck. At this rate this is gonna kill me." He muttered unwrapping the bandages and threw them at the wall. Quickly he replaced them before getting a new shirt on with blue jeans and boots. He sat up wondering what was happening as he thought he smelt toast. "Am I having a stroke?" He asked aloud.

"STOP MAKING TOAST!" A small voice yelled from under the cot. It was very familiar tone that held resentment and bitterness.

"I SHALL MAKE THIS PLACE MELT FROM BLACK BURNT BREAD!" Another familiar voice said. This voice held malicious intent.

"I swear to God if you 2 are under there. Lord only knows what i will do." He says looking under to see a mini protectron with a mug face in the face screen and a prewar toaster with perfectly clicked toast.

"Heeeeyyyyy 6." Muggy said slowly rolling back slowly.

"Fuck I think he knows we're here." The toaster said as 6 glared at them.

"First of all, why are you in my sleeping container?" 6 asked as muggy looked at the toaster. "And second of all if you tell anyone about the blood or anything else in here I'll melt you for scrap metal to be used on a purification system."

"We fell asleep in here." Muggy tapped his claw hands together in an embarrassing fashion. 6 rubbed his eyes trying to get the dark circles to go away. "Can we stay for a bit?"

"Fine but Don't try hacking into the Normandy. You'll get fried by the superior A.I. aboard." 6 warned as he got up and opened the door. Muggy and the toaster stayed inside as he left going to the 3rd floor to get coffee. Everyone he passed look concerned and startled by his appearance but didn't say anything.

"Well if it isn't 6." He turned around to see a wide eye Dr. Chakwas. "Oh my god. Are you okay?!" Concern filled her voice as he raised an eyebrow.

"I mean I'm depressed and a bit tired but I should be fine after some coffee." He said a bit confused. "Why?"

"Here." She took a picture with her omni-tool and then showed him his face. He saw a dozen cuts on it somewhat healed already but super fresh. "Did you get attacked by a bird or something?"

"Uh..... I have no idea honestly." He said startled. "Guess I'll just have to cover my face more."

"Come with me to the lab I'll get you checked over and-" As she spoke she grabbed 6 wrist as he winches in pain pulling away. "6." She said softly as he looked down. "What happened?"

"It's nothing. I guess I'll forgo coffee for now." He turned going back to the elevator but took a stop at the wash room and stared into the mirror. He brought his hand up over his face tracing each scar. "Is this that bleeding effect she warned about?"

The wash room door opened to show Zaeed Massani. He raised an eyebrow before reaching into his pocket and handing a razor. "There that'll help with a cover story for the cuts."

"Thanks." 6 said and quickly started shaving everything off leaving a very cut up face on purpose.

"Honestly you look better with scars. Chick's dig it." Zaeed commented looking into the mirror next to him.

"Yeah I guess they do." He grabbed some rubbing alcohol out of his inventory and rubbed some on the cuts to disinfect them. "Fuck that burns like hell."

"You said it pal." Zaeed remarked before 6 left seeing Lilith walk past as if on her way towards Garrus. He slid against the wall before she got out of site. He sighed softly before sneaking over to the elevator.

"6 Lilith wants to talk to you she is currently on her way." EDI said to him as he stepped into the elevator. He hid his face as he quickly closed the elevator doors going back down to the cargo hold. He rubbed his face as it still burned from the alcohol.

"Fuck I hope she got back to me." He said rushing over to his container and closing it quickly as EDI said something he couldn't quite catch. As the door latched into place he slide down on it to a sitting position. He felt extremely worn out.

Lilith exited the elevator and went straight up to the container and pounded on it. "James why are you avoiding me?"

"I'm not.... I'm just.... I'm just exhausted." He responded, his voice muffled by the metal door.

"James please we need to talk. About us." Lilith said sadly as on the other side 6 rubbed his face looking at the ring.

"I know. Now just isn't a good time." 6 said as he tried to calm down.

"Okay just to let you know though," Lilith spoke up, "We're going to Illium to see Liara. Do you want to see her too?"

"Yeah just let me know when we get there." 6 requested as Lilith left him. He looked up to one of the boxes and pulled out a mirror before grabbing some scissors. He cut his hair short and left the clipping on the floor before looking at the mirror again. He turned his head left and right before feeling satisfied. He sighed softly looking at his reflection. Now with most of his hair gone he could see how crappy he looked.

"You gonna be okay 6?" Muggy asked as he looked down and saw the protectron looking up

"No idea." 6 admitted as he ran a hand through his hair. "But I better go get ready to go." He sighed grabbing his helmet before looking at any messages he may have gotten.

"We should talk. Meet me in my office on Illium. -LT." 6 read aloud. "What a coincidence."