Wayne

A/N:

Just a quick note before we begin, first of all happy holidays and happy new year, I hope you all have had a safe and wonderful Christmas or any other holiday you may celebrate! Secondly, this is technically the last chapter of the book, however there will be a short epilogue that will follow, most likely, tomorrow or the day after so keep an eye out. I also should warn you that this is quite a long chapter, and does switch P.O.V a lot (sorry in advance)

Anyway, thank you so much for sticking with this book, its my first book that I've ever completed and seen through till the end. I really hope you've enjoyed it and thank you so much for coming along on this journey with me! :)

So without further interruption, I hope you enjoy the final chapter of I'll be good.

***

Talia stood frozen, wide-eyed and openmouthed as she watched her son overwhelm every single assassin that charged at him. Damian was quick and light on his feet, manoeuvring his way through the masses faster than she had ever thought possible. His sword was swinging and slicing at lightning speed, disarming his enemies and leaving them down for the count in a matter of seconds before disappearing in a blur.

The devastating sensation of fury happened upon her instantly, but she was torn between feeling a sense of pride and a sense of anguish as she watched her son fight.

On the one hand, Damian was truly unrivalled when it came to swordplay, watching him parry and attack with ease and confidence forced a small smile upon her lips. But on the other hand, her son-- whom, despite everything, she still loved in her own twisted sense of a way-- had once again, turned his back on all of them.

And this time, there would be no forgiveness, no second chances. This time she knew what needed to be done, and it somewhat pained her that the task had fallen into her hands.

Conflicting thoughts threatened to enter her mind, forcing her to see reason, and she couldn't help but let them in.

After all, Damian was her son, and no matter how many times she threatened it or thought about it, no matter how many times she had been reminded of his expendability, Damian was the only son she would ever have. To her, he was irreplaceable.

Talia knew her father didn't think the same as she did, and she knew perfectly well that he would not hesitate to dispose of the boy and start again as though the past ten years didn't matter to him.

But they mattered to her.

They mattered a great deal, in fact. She was the one who raised Damian and loved him and allowed his entire existence to thaw what was left of her cold heart from the moment she laid eyes on him.

Still, the betrayal was fresh and wounding, and as she watched her son choose people he barely knew over her and everything she had built and sacrificed for him, it caused the anger and pure devastation to swell gruellingly in her chest.

She knew what needed to be done, and she would follow blindly even if everything inside her was screaming at her not to.

The heart and its emotions were a serious liability indeed.

***

Bruce jumped to his feet shortly after Damian had disappeared amongst the multitude of assassins that all seemed to be dropping like flies in his son's stead. Damian didn't kill any of them, though; he knew better now.

Bruce ran into the fray seeking out his son and helping to take down the remaining assassins that were advancing upon Damian.

From the corner of his eye, he could see Talia standing on the outskirts of the chamber, partially covered by shadows.