The Announcement

(photo of Lucia Torres above)

Chapter 1

my name is Alma Lucia Torres, I am a 2nd year University student this is my story.

 I had testing all morning today, then went to work at the candle shop around 3pm with Mr. Luciano, it's a busy time because of the holidays closing in on Christmas is our busiest time, I had to closed shop tonight,  went home after closing, I didn't say a word to anyone when I arrived home. I went straight into my room grabbed my clothes and went into the bathroom which is next to my room, we have a 4 bedroom, 3 bath home. my  father Luis and mother Mariana have the master bedroom which of course has the biggest bathroom, The other bathroom connects my brothers rooms towards the back of the house, Dante is staying in the U.S and Franco in Japan both running the business from their locations. My sister Malena and I share a room we don't mind because we like spending our nights talking, but Friday is movie night at home, Saturdays we go out to the mall just to browse because, mom wont give us an allowance, she has a shopping addiction, our father spends most of his days at work , my family owns the Torres Shipping Corp, based in Italy .

I felt exhausted yet happy to be home and able to get in the bath tub relaxing my muscles and stress, I heard a knock on the door and I knew it would be my mother Mariana.

Lucia you better to hurry up, we have dinner guests tonight she shouts.

I get a bit upset, mom I'm not going to have dinner tonight! I yell back at her.

I am too tired and don't want to join, normally she would let it go, but tonight she got angry and yelled back.

Lucia,  you better be ready in 20 minutes or pack up your things!

I don't understand why my mother has been trying to kick me out of my home since the day I turned 17, I really don't understand why. but, as tired as I was I got ready I wore some black jeans and a white sweater with sandals, I didn't even know who would be coming and if it was formal or not I wasn't told, but being me I really didn't care.

30 minutes have passed by, my sister Malena comes into my room and tells me, mom and dad are mad, you haven't come down yet

 I look at her and tell her that I will be down in 5.

I come out of my room 10 minutes later, start walking towards the dining room and to my surprise who do I see? None other than my worst possible nightmare Alonzo, that guy had always given me the creeps total pervert, even though he is sitting there with his honey brown eyes, well built body, all I feel is disgust towards him.

 I was about to sit down, when Alonzo the pervert comes over and pulls out my chair for me, I say thank you and sit, I see my mother has a big smile on her face, but my father has  half a smile, my brothers Dante and Franco are also present, I look across from me and I am greeted by Mr. Jessie Rugetti and Valeria Rugetti, both asking me how have I been. 

I reply, that I have been well thank you.

are you still studying?

 I respond, yes I am in my second year and will be graduating in June. due to my grades and Internship and job offer.

 I just don't tell them where, I will be going to do the internship after they ask me. I said it is still in process knowing well that I have the job already, my mother then calls their attention and they along with my dad start talking, but I can't hear what they are saying, I don't say anything as  Doris walks into the dining room, (our maid) she starts serving the plates then the wine, I had to sit between Dante and the pervert which is making me cringe. Alonzo, is trying to touch my thigh under the table, I look at Dante and ask him if we can switch seats, I do not like this pervert trying to touch my legs, to my surprise Dante turns to me and says, "don't worry that's not all he will be touching pretty soon", what do you mean? I say, just as he was going to answer my dad grabs his wine glass.  with a butter knife he taps his wine glass 3 times clink, clink, clink as if there were many people around. we give him our attention and that's when I felt my heart start pounding, as I wondered why this pervert and his parents are doing here, yet his brother Mario whom is 22years old if I remember correctly. I would not be able to describe him, since I have not seen him for the last 10 or so years, he was sent out to school, but I know he was the one I had the biggest crush on., my dad is standing in front of us and with a half a smile I can see sadness in his eyes, He looks at me and says the most horrific words I have ever heard,

 " Tonight we are gathered here to celebrate our daughter Alma Lucia and Alonzo Javier's engagement"

 I turn to my dad and say OH HELL NO! dad I'm not getting married! I need to finish university. Please let me finish my school at least then I will accept this engagement, my dad looks at me and replies, sorry honey but everything has been arraigned for you and Alonzo to be married within the next 3 months. ( I breath in easy, they are not aware I will graduate in 2 months parents never paid too much attention to me only my brothers), I look at the Rugetti's and they have a small smile, they look at me and say we are sorry, we should have let you know earlier before we made this arraignment, I looked at them and with tears in my eyes, then look away and my mother is so happy with a big smile and looks at my dad then at me, mom says honey don't worry I am pretty sure, Alonzo will let you continue your studies and looks at Alonzo, Alonzo looks at his parents and mine and says well she will be my wife  (with a stoic look), and I really don't want my wife to work so, she can stay at home and take care of me and our children, I feel really nauseous just listening to him say our children. I'm not having kids with him, Alonzo glares at me, I tried to walk away but this pervert manages to grabs my arm, and says hold on sweetie. I need to give you something  he reaches his coat pocket takes out this small green velvet box out. I squirm to get away from him, but my jerk of a brother grabs my other arm and says stay still and put it on or else, once Alonzo the perv puts on the ring, he whispers in my ear now your mine and there is no getting away this time! he has a sinister look in his eyes. Wedding date is set for February 28th 2016.

My lovely parents(sarcastically speaking), tell me that our company is in trouble and the Rugetti's are going to help us if we merge the companies together. Only way was to marry and abide by the contracted rules, which they only know and will tell me later.

During these two and a half months before the wedding, I kept myself busy with school, made sure I had all my assignments and projects done, I spoke to my counselor about having to get married, not by choice. she said I'm sorry but, you need to start your internship right away, I would graduate in 1st week of January the internship would be short 6 weeks because, then I would have to move to the U.S. and that I couldn't do anymore but, I would still be able to do the internship, without my family or anyone else knowing, I left my diploma with Mr. Luciano, I explained to him what was happening and it did not look good for me. he said ok child I will keep it for you. I have always seen you as my daughter, I will help you, I finished my internship just in time.

photo is from google pics, I do not own it, credit goes to owner. 

hope you all enjoy the story.. all comments welcome. please keep the foul language out.