2

Only three missed calls and five messages- thankfully not one from Mike.

''I've got to go,'' I whispered to Sam before pecking him on the cheek.
He smiled in response as he rested upright against the padded headrest with his coffee.
''Do you need anything?'' he asked.
For once, I didn't want anything. I was just grateful he hadn't requested we slept together, not that it made me feel any less of a prostitute.

As soon as I left the apartment, I immediately called Frankie. She was always on her phone so was the most likely to pick up.
'Hi Frank. Don't stress, I'm heading back now. I'm just leaving Mikes...I thought you would have guessed where I was...haha well you found me! Yeah, I'll see you in an hour at the coffee shop, Bluebird I think it's called.' I stumbled through the pack of lies with fake laughs.
They had given me an hour to get to them, but considering I had already left Sam's apartment, which was only a fifteen-minute cab journey away, I was going to be forty-five minutes too early. Instead, I decided to walk to get away from the apartment as quick as possible and to kill time. It wasn't like I'd never done the walk of shame before anyway.

When I arrived, a look of disgust melted over Frankie's face as she witnessed the horror of my 'morning after' appearance. Amelie on the other hand ignored how I looked as she was more interested in the events of my evening as well mine and Mike's relationship (which just topped everything off considering what had really happened last night).
''We like casual, but who knows, if no-one else comes along and tickles my fancy, then, I've always got Mike,'' I responded to her interrogation.
It was an awful reply, I knew that as I was saying it, but I had to play it cool and be the bitch. What else could I admit? That I really did like him and hoped that one day it would work out, but right now I couldn't be with him because I sold my body to fund my ever increasingly lavish lifestyle that I was becoming somewhat addicted to. To be fair, it probably would have been a decent answer, but it was too early in the morning for what would have followed.
''Well, we've got to get you home and sort this face out,'' Frankie quickly demanded.
I hadn't even had coffee and I was starving, but I complied anyway, mainly to escape anymore Mike questions from Amelie.

Frankie had already laid me a potential outfit on the bed when we got back as well as poured two small mimosas.
''So, where was you really last night? Mike left well after you and I know you wasn't here with Amelie,'' she questioned.
Of course she was going to find out, I completely forgot I had left her on the rooftop with Jordan, although I did think she was going to be too drunk to remember.
I sighed and tried to think of an excuse, but I was running out of them. Really, it was the perfect time to come clean...half clean anyway.

''I have a sugar daddy,'' I confessed.
''Get out,'' she instantly replied. ''Where from? I was looking into getting one only a few weeks back. Get a bit of quick money! How old is he? How rich is he? Does he have any friends?''
It was an onslaught of unexpected questions.
''Woah calm down Frank,'' I snapped. I was tired and did not expect her enthusiastic response.
''He messaged me on a website. But firstly, it's not quick money, secondly, I was desperate and thirdly, to answer your question, he is very rich. So rich that he owns this place which is why I see him last night, to keep him sweet.''
She smiled back in amazement and awe. Not the response I was expecting but also not the response I was hoping for.
She grabbed my arm and pestered me for more information.
''Seriously Frank, stop asking about it. It's not worth the money. I have slept with people literally for a quick quid. It isn't what you think it is. Like I said, I was desperate. Now it's just a well-paid job that I am stuck in because I can't do anything else. You, you're doing well as you are.''

From the look on her face, I didn't appear to be putting her off. Instead, the last sentence about money seemed to be the only thing she heard as her eyes widened with more intrigue and excitement.
''Ok, but what website was it?'' she asked. ''Not for myself, just out of intrigue?''
I shook my head before agreeing to show her later. This was another lie.
''I need to get showered and ready,'' I said removing myself from the conversation.