4

We looked incredible if I didn't mind saying so myself. We had all put in the effort, so I wasn't surprised when I see an abundance of eyes on us as we made our way to the dancefloor- well me and Frankie, Amelie needed a few more drinks to get her going as usual, even though we had all just necked a vodka on arrival.
The bali beds that Frankie had booked were positioned directly next to the dance floor giving Mike and Caleb the ultimate view of us. How she got them the day before, I didn't ask, but I suspected it was something to do with the men at the bar. Either way, we took full advantage of the opportunity and proceeded to seductively roll our hips like temptresses, grasping the boys' full attention until they finally joined us what seemed like an hour later. But unfortunately, they weren't the only pairs of eyes we attracted. Whilst I watched Mike proceed towards us, and as I swung my hair off my sticky back, I was tapped from behind. Although I knew he was in the country, for he mentioned it when I asked him about the villa, he was also the one person I didn't want to bump into. But he was here. Behind me. Touching me. All whilst I watched Mike head towards me.
''Mads,'' he seductively said in my ear, probably expecting me to quiver at my knees.
I turned around, only for my eyes to confirm it was him.
''Dan...I didn't expect to see you on the other side of the world,'' my voice quivered instead.
He immediately went in for a hug before attempting to engage in conversation. I say attempted, because I was doing everything possible to avoid even the small talk that was spilling out of our mouths. I wanted to avoid him at all costs. Not just because I didn't want Mike to meet him, but because of our past. He was a filthy rich client of mine who ended up getting too serious. Now no matter how rich the client is, you never get serious with them, because ultimately, they are sleazes. They pay for sex, so of course, I naturally rejected him. But men with that kind of money also have ego issues, so as you can imagine, the rejection didn't end well.
But here, on the other side of the world, he had caught me and I was struggling to think of an escape route quick enough before Mike arrived.
''You alright Mate, I'm Mike'' said a voice from behind me, immediately routing to find out who this man was.
I was too late.
''Hi. Dan,'' he replied, introducing himself.
''So Mads, how do you know Dan?'' Mike said, smiling, clearly revelling in my awkwardness as he draped his arms over my shoulders and clasped his wrists across my chest.
''She knows all of me. Don't you Mads,'' Dan replied, winking at me.
He couldn't resist. Only two sentences in and he couldn't help but be knob, purposely seeking to ruin any relationship I may or may not have had with Mike.
Mike looked at me bewilderingly before finally clocking what Dan had said.
''Oh you're an ex of Mads are you? Small world that you bumped into each other all the way out here,'' Mike returned with.
''Ex? Oh Mads wished I was her ex. I used to buy Mads when I was bored after a night out to keep my evening going,'' he replied with a disgustingly smug look on his face.
He was so arrogant and relishing every moment of this just to get back at me. If he couldn't have me, it appeared no-one could.
''I wished I was your ex Dan? Seriously. I rejected you, and now you're making up all of this crap to get back at me,'' I lied in hope that Mike would believe me.
''How did you afford that designer bag over there then Mads? Or should I say, who bought it for you?'' Dan replied.
Mike released his arms from me and turned around immediately spotting the bag.
I felt sick. At that point Mike knew I had been lying all this time about just dinner and drinks with a sugar daddy, I could tell by the way he looked at me in disgust
''This was a long time ago,'' I whispered in his ear.
But whatever I said wouldn't have stopped the red that had begun to circulate in his eyes. He was raging. So angry that if you could have seen through his skin, you would have seen his blood boiling. In that split second, he had managed to puzzle everything together. He knew I wasn't just messaging men. In that moment, he knew I slept with them for money.

He stared directly at me with fury before altering to Dan. Then just as I should have predicted, he hit him.

Dan retaliated immediately, his arms grappling around Mike in an attempt to push him to the floor, but they both ended up hurtling backwards towards our bed where Amelie and Jordan remained. I looked around in sudden desperation, just to see the rest of the group edging slowly towards the sudden bundle with no sense of urgency to intervene, even though it was quite clear that Dan's friends were beginning to make their way through the crowd themselves. Frankie remained at the edge of the circle next to Caleb, where she clung onto his arm as she screamed like a Damsel in distress, which to be quite frank, was completely unnecessary and attention seeking. Whilst both of the boys began to pummel into one another, from the corner of my eye, I noticed Jordan and Amelie slip through the crowd, leaving both Mike at the hands of a group of men and the rest of us to face the consequences of his actions without them. Good friends they were.
They threw punches between themselves as the crowd egged both of them on. But I couldn't just watch, it was my fault, so I decided to intervene myself.