7

Mads was being weird. The Mads that always had my back, had always been the life of the party, had always held my hair when I was drunk, now wanted to go and explore Bali and do the things that boring tourists do. Where was my Hot Girls Summer disappearing to?
Lucky for her, because she was my girl, if she wanted to spend a day doing these things then I would oblige and do them. Especially as she had promised to party with me on our remaining few days on the island. But this wasn't what I had agreed to.

All was quiet, calm and somewhat boring in the villa when Mads wandered to her room to do some organising: all except the attention I was receiving from Caleb and the bottle of champagne that had been half drunk by us. But the calmness didn't last long. Mike, for the first time in his life, appeared like he was about to save us.
''Get yourselves ready, we need to go now, Jordan's in hospital,'' he panted.
Not the sort of excitement I was expecting, but some excitement none the less. Anyway, who said Karma's a bitch? Unfortunately, as much as I didn't particularly like Amelie and Jordan at the current moment in time, the rest of the group didn't seem to be bothered by the hurtful things that had been written about us, nor that Jordan had left them for Amelie. Unlike mine, their faces dropped immediately as if they were about to vomit with worry before they quickly began to scramble a few belongings together and head straight out the door.

The six of us squeezed into a taxi that arrived within ten minutes of the announcement. We didn't waste the champagne of course, that came with us, primarily to help calm the nerves of the group, but everything else was left behind.
This for me was a good sign as it meant we would be returning the same evening and wouldn't be spending the rest of the holiday lingering around the hospital.
''Are you ok?'' I asked Mads, finally breaking the silence.
''Yeah,'' she mumbled. ''I just hope Jordan and Amelie are ok.''
Huh, Jordan AND Amelie?
''I hope Jordan is to, but I'm sure Amelie is fine. Don't worry about her. She seems to get by ok when she's on her own,'' I replied. ''As long as you're ok though.''
I wanted her to know that I cared about her and that I would always have her back, even when Amelie didn't. Jordan was the one in the hospital bed, I could understand if she was worried for him. But Amelie, she had abandoned us, we hadn't abandoned her. It was her fault she was now in this situation by herself. Mads shouldn't have been worrying about her.

Caleb was equally as quiet as everyone else in the cab which was odd for him, especially as he didn't really know Jordan.
''You good?'' I whispered quietly in his ear that wasn't rested against the window of the cab.
''Yeah fine. You're the one that has been acting weird about Jordan. Especially yesterday when you seemed like you were really caught up about him and Amelie. It wasn't pretty to watch,'' he moaned.
''Wow. This has come from nowhere. Why didn't you say anything last night? Why wait until we are on our way to see him lying in a hospital bed? I don't have to explain anything to you, but I have no interest in him nor Amelie, and even if I did, there is a time and a place for a conversation like this and clearly this is neither of those.''
I didn't know how he would come back from that, so it ought to shut him up.

''So, you have no interest in Jordan at all?'' he continued
''As a friend yes. So you having this discussion with me right now is actually hurtful.'' I replied.
He huffed a response, encouraging me to get annoyed and reply, but for the first time in my life, I held my anger in. He didn't deserve it.