3

Sixteen  eyes glared out of the window, all in awe at something I had organised. I felt like I had done it again. Strike 2 on the accommodation front. If I hadn't drunk so much on the plane, I might have popped open the bottle of prosecco I had hidden in my luggage, but I was knackered and felt like I was reaching the stage of hungover opposed to drunkenness.
Much like the apartment, I couldn't take full recognition for finding the villa. I had learnt about it from another client of mine. I hadn't seen him for well over a year as he had been travelling, but he had good taste and a lot of money meaning I knew that he would know the perfect location to impress the others and that's all I wanted.

''This isn't another property of your sugar daddy's is it Mads?'' Amelie joked.
''I wish,'' I replied, which wasn't a lie. I really did.

The excitement over the villa quickly diminished as we all returned to our tired solemn states as soon as we exited the minibus and wheeled our luggage up the dully lit pathway into the villa. Whilst half of the group decided to explore, as soon as they had confirmed that me and Mike would be sharing one of the Grand rooms, I left them to their own devices and made my way to bed in hope that I would be able to quietly disappear into a sleep for the evening. But I had set my hopes too high as Frankie shortly after appeared in the doorway.
''How's it going lovers?'' she snarkily remarked.
I shot her an evil look, only causing her to widen her grimace further.
''Shall we find a bar?'' she continued.
''Sure,'' replied Mike, much to my disappointed surprise.
I was gutted that he agreed. I was shattered. But it was only 10pm meaning I had no excuse but to up the enthusiasm and find some energy to get back out.
''Yeah sure,'' I added, ''I'll go and ask Amelie and co.''

Amelie declined the offer, understandably so, and whilst I knew I didn't want to go out, I also didn't want to miss out, especially knowing Mike was there. I had only suggested this holiday as an escape from Mr S and as an excuse to spend more time with Mike in a 'casual way' surrounded by friends. So I had to take hold of every opportunity. Therefore, whilst Amelie made the right choice in deciding to stay behind, I couldn't stop myself from agreeing. Both because of Mike's attendance and because of my crazy fear of missing out.

It was only five minutes before six of us were heading out of the villa; all except Amelie and Jordan. Frankie was unsurprisingly the first to notice his absence, even despite clinging onto Caleb's arm.
''Where's Jordan?'' she asked concerningly.
''I couldn't find him,'' replied Josh, ''he must have gone for an explore somewhere and you guys didn't look like you were ready to wait around.''

Well, it was already 10:15pm and I was struggling to stay awake as it was. Although, maybe in hindsight we should have waited for him to get back as we had left Amelie alone in a foreign country, in a random villa whilst Jordan was technically AWOL... or maybe he had planned to hide so they could spend a secretive evening together. You never knew with Amelie.

When we arrived at the bar, it didn't take long for me to return to a drunken state, but instead of the usual wild one, a tired one. So tired in fact that I couldn't wait to get home.
Frankie on the other hand couldn't have been more enthusiastic, probably as she found a group of good-looking men standing at the bar where she appeared to be offered drinks- even with Caleb stood next to her. Even worse, it looked like she was accepting them. The girl had no morals- not that I could talk.
After an hour, she finally returned back to the group, clearly having lost interest in the others, and announced the news that we would all be going to a pool party the following day. I didn't mind of course, but it wouldn't have hurt to ask!
''You look tired for once,'' Mike whispered in my ear, ignoring Frankie's plans for us.
''I am,'' I confessed, now also distracted ''how are you not?''
''I am tired! I just didn't want to miss out on the first night. You know me,'' he replied.
He hit the nail on the head, not that I was going to admit it, but I was definitely going to use it to my advantage.
''We can chip off if you like. Say we want to feel fresh for this pool party tomorrow,'' I suggested, praying that he would agree- which he did, thankfully.