Late | Seungmin

ʚ ɞ ʚ ɞ ʚ ɞ

If I could say a wish to the sun,

I want to ask for a day to meet you.

a day to date you,

a day to hug you,

a day to kiss you,

just a day, I'll do anything to make you smile.

At least, I just want to let you go with relief,

to make sure,

you're happy up there.

.

.

.

Drops of red liquid continued to flow from your nose, littering the bedroom floor all the way to the bathroom. Grabbing the water faucet with shaking hands, you rinsed your nose and your face that wasn't as fresh as it used to be.

You stared at your reflection in the mirror, sighing in frustration at how bad you've been lately. Weight loss, body feeling weak every day, and other symptoms that seemed to attack you altogether.

That damn cancer wanted to finish you off quickly,

and you can lose at any time.

You knew very well that facing this war alone was never advised by anyone. There was no war that wasn't fought together. You knew you couldn't face all this alone.

If you win, that's a good thing. But how if you lose?

Could you see the people you love watching you lose?

Could you see Seungmin watching your death?

On the other hand, your lover had been away from home for three weeks on his business. With all your acting skills, you managed to convince him not to think anything negative.

You managed to keep lying to him when he was always suspicious of your pale and slenderer face.

You managed to keep reducing the intensity of your video-calls with him.

Because it's true, you couldn't see him cry.

You smiled in pain, slightly grateful that your condition worsened right after Seungmin left. You're not sure when he'd be home, but you expected him to come home after you leave.

This situation made it easier for you to continue to lie to him. You remembered very well how frustrated he was when you got sick just from a cold. You remembered when he couldn't leave you for a moment because he's afraid something bad will happen to you.

If seeing him cry was your weakness,

For him, seeing you sick was his weakness.

You walked out of the bathroom very slowly and weakly, trying to hold on to anything that would help you to stay on your feet. The excruciating pain in your head made you groan loudly.

The bright light slowly dimmed, leading you into the darkness. Cold sweat continued to flow from your body along with your legs that were no longer able to stand upright.

You closed your eyes, waiting for your body to hit the hard cold floor. But what you felt was a warm hug from someone you knew very well.

"S-Seungmin?"

ʚ ɞ ʚ ɞ ʚ ɞ

The man walked weakly, approaching your helpless figure lying there. Looking at all the hoses attached to your body made his tongue go numb.

He gently touched your hand which was only bon. Then kissed your knuckles, trying to warm your cold hands.

Trying to give a life to someone who was very precious to him.

"You think you can go through this alone, huh?"

"You think you can lie to someone you've been with for a long time?"

"You think with lies, I will be happy?"

The man was crying loudly, remembering how late he was to realise all of this. He wanted to curse himself for not being by your side at the worst times. He squeezed his chest hard, imagining you suffered in pain alone.

When a few hours were difficult to contact you, he thought you were busy at work.

It turned out that you fainted alone on the floor until you woke up in the same position.

When he got suspicious of your pale face, he thought maybe it's just a camera effect.

It turned out that you lose a lot of weight, along with your body getting weaker.

When he thought he heard slight groans on the phone, he thought it was just signal interference.

It turned out that you were struggling in pain and trying hard to talk like a normal person.

You tried hard to cover it all.

Unfortunately, he knew before you had to leave him forever.

"Can the pain just move to my body? I can't, Y/n, I can't live without you."

"No- S-Seungmin-"

The man, Seungmin, immediately hugged you warmly. You let him cry on your shoulder. Let the painful tears spill out one last time.

For the last time, you saw him cry because of you.

"I-I'm s-sorry, Seungmin- I-"

"No, Y/n. Hey- I'm fine, hm? Calm down, baby."

You tried to answer with difficulty, making him nod quickly. He didn't want you to talk anymore. He knew it was painful to you.

Seungmin knew, he knew very well that your situation was getting worse. He knew you couldn't. He knew in a matter of minutes, you would leave him.

Could he?

Could he let you go?

"Y/n, look me in the eyes and listen to me, hm? Don't say anything.

I am grateful, very grateful that you were here in my life. I'm proud because I'm the last man in your life. I'm proud to be with you, Y/n.

You've done your best, now it's time for you to rest.

Rest in peace, my love.

I love you."

As he finished his sentence, your breath slowly disappeared. With your last breath remaining, you gave him your last smile.

The sweetest and most painful smile you ever gave him.

Before your soul left his embrace.

Seungmin kissed your forehead for a long time, as a last kiss to let you go.

The last kiss as a farewell.

.

.

.

"Forever, Y/n.

Forever."

ʚ ɞ ʚ ɞ ʚ ɞ