Thunderstorms | Changbin

ʚ ɞ ʚ ɞ ʚ ɞ

You slammed the door hard, letting out all your emotions to the innocent thing. You didn't care if the door was broken.

Walking towards your bed, you immediately plopped down on it and pulled the blanket to cover your body, not wanting to see your crying even though you were alone in the room. You were angry with yourself, as well as with him. Upset because ego made you two out of control and hurt each other again.

You and your husband, Changbin, used to have arguments. Of course that was normal in a relationship. But that argument really hurt your heart. You couldn't forget his face when he said those words, didn't think he would have the heart to say something like that.

"Can you understand me just a little? I shouldn't have married you in the first place!"

No, it's not Changbin. Although he was easily angered, he was never- ah, you didn't know. Was it wrong if you just visited him and gave him lunch?

Okay, you thought that's wrong. You were wrong for not giving him space. You were wrong for interrupting his work.

You were wrong for accepting his proposal.

You let out a shaky breath and got up from your bed, walking towards the closet with burning emotions. You rudely took all your clothes and put them in a big suitcase, preparing yourself to leave him if that was what he wanted.

The sound of a light thunder began to enter your ears. You looked out the window, the sky began to turn gray. Raindrops hitting the roof seemed to accompany you.

Accompanied your pathetic heart with a suffocating cry.

A flash of light made you flinch, followed by a deafening roar of thunder. You shook violently, unable to continue packing your clothes. You crawled over to the bed and leaned your back against the foot of your bed, tightly covering your ears from the endless thunder.

"C-Changbin, I'm scared."

ʚ ɞ ʚ ɞ ʚ ɞ

Changbin looked at the sky that was starting to turn gray and decorated with flashes of light. Heavy rain soon fell, drenching the empty highway. He turned his gaze to a television in the room, showing the weather news that said there was a storm hitting the city.

"Damn it," he said quietly. He knew he had made a mess, felt like wanted to curse his mouth that easily said such bad things to you earlier. He moved here and there, a bit panicked because you kept not picking up his calls or messages. He didn't know where you were now. His mind became even more chaotic as he remembered how weak you were in the face of thunder and storms.

Without thinking twice, he immediately took his things. He ran to the basement and got into his car, leaving all his work unfinished. He didn't care about it, he would explain it to his manager tomorrow.

After all, you were the most important person in his life.

ʚ ɞ ʚ ɞ ʚ ɞ

As the elevator went up, Changbin kept wishing in his heart that you were at home. He was grateful that the storm was getting worse when he arrived at your apartment. But his mind is back in chaos because he was not sure if you were home or not.

What if you were out alone? What if you got stuck in the rain and cried in fear?

As soon as he reached the floor, he ran through the slightest gap in the elevator doors. His breath hitched, accompanying the sound of his footsteps running down the hall. Arriving at the door, he quickly pressed the password and rushed in.

"Y/n?"

The atmosphere in the living room was dark and cold. He shuddered, feeling the cold air coming in through the open window. Instantly his thoughts flashed back to you, to the person he had been worried about for a long time. His feet carried him to run towards the bedroom.

"Y/n, where are you- Y/N!"

Your figure was visible there, sitting limply on the floor. You buried your face between your legs. Your hands covered your ears tightly, occasionally flinching when the roar disturbed you, as if it didn't want you to live in peace.

Changbin ran to you and immediately hugged you as tight as possible. His heart was relieved that you were at home, even though you were not okay. He knew you were scared, and his heart ached when you'd been in that position long enough without him by your side.

He was disappointed in himself for being late to protect you.

"Hey, I'm here. It's okay, you were safe with me."

Changbin stroked your back, occasionally tightening his embrace as you flinched when a flash of light came. When he felt you shaking from the cold, he immediately carried you to the bed. He wrapped around you and hugged you again until the storm subsided.

A big scratch hit his heart when he noticed your suitcase lying on the floor, still opened with unpacked clothes. The bedroom door, which was also slightly damaged, made him even more convinced, convinced that you were emotional and intended to leave the house,

to leave him.

"Changbin?"

The soft voice of the woman he was hugging brought him out of his thoughts. He turned his gaze to you with a guilty look for hurting someone he loved so much.

"Yes, dear ?"

"Why are you here ? Aren't you supposed to be in the studio?"

"My wife is scared, I come home because I want to protect my wife."

You moved out of his arms as soon as he uttered those words. No, you didn't want him to pretend. He already said that he regretted it, so he shouldn't be willing to go home in the middle of a storm just for you.

"Wife ? Don't you regret being my husband?" You said as you got out of bed and continued packing your clothes, "You don't have to lie to yourself, I will get out of your life. Let's di-"

"NO!"

Changbin's scream filled the whole room. He immediately hugged you tightly, stopping your hands that were still trying hard to put your clothes in the suitcase. Every piece of clothing you just put in, he took it out quickly. No matter how hard you tried, his energy was much stronger to empty your suitcase like before.

"Changbin, let me go-"

"Y/N, LOOK AT MY EYES. LISTEN TO ME JUST ONCE!"

You gave up, letting him stare at your crying face. His hand touched your face shakily, trying hard to get the words out that had been stuck in his throat. His chest was tight, didn't expect that you almost said those words.

"I'm sorry, for venting my work problems on you. I'm sorry for not controlling my words and saying things I didn't mean at all. No, I never once thought about separating with you, or even regretting marrying you.

I know it's hard for you to forgive me. It's okay, I have to take responsibility and introspect myself. But you need to know, I never lied to you. I love you, Y/n."

You didn't answer anything but chose to sink into his arms. You were exhausted but relieved that he was not serious about what he said. You appreciated your husband trying to correct his mistakes in the midst of his tiring work.

"It's okay, I'm also sorry for interrupting your work-"

"No ! You just gave me lunch, Y/n. You never bother me. This is all my fault."

You tightened your embrace, trying to comfort yourself in his chest. Soon, he smiled when he heard a small snoring sound. Slowly, he carried you to the bed and covered you. Before joining you, he kissed your forehead gently,

"Sleep well, wifey." 

ʚ ɞ ʚ ɞ ʚ ɞ