First Kiss | Lee Know

When you love someone, everything will change.

Used to be annoyed by the bad weather, but today you took a transparent umbrella and passed a street with semi-bald trees to see the raindrops clearly. Were supposed to be late on the bus for a long time enjoying the rain, but this time you would take the next bus while looking out the window with a stupid smile lingering on your face.

Along the way, people passed by with differences. Some students ran while covering their heads with their backpacks. You realized school time was almost there and it seemed they would be punished today, but you hoped the school would give dispensation because of this weather.

Then there were two men in their 50s with their briefcases and slightly wet suits. They laughed while showing their phones, whether talking about stocks or something as simple as their kids. You hoped that smile wouldn't disappear from their faces.

About five meters after the men, there was a lovers arguing under the pouring rain. You looked at your surroundings but there were no TV crew or cameramen so they definitely were having a real fight. The man ruffled his hair while the woman was crying. Pretty dramatic, inviting people to stare at them but they seemed enjoying it. Or just unbothered? You were not sure. You didn't know what makes them against each other but you hoped everything would be better.

You smiled as you realized how many times you prayed for them, mentioned them in your heart so that they would always be happy even though they were not part of your life. It was so funny. It felt like when we were happy, we unconsciously spread it like dominoes. You understood that if everyone was happy, no one would hurt each other. If everyone was happy, we'd spread positive energy to every living, breathing creature.

In this diverse world, each with its own story, you had your own with someone who was waiting at the bus stop. You smiled, got off the bus and ran towards him, immediately hugged him like a treasure you would die for. He was someone you really appreciate and because of him, the way you see the world also changed.

"You look happy today." He said after kissing your forehead, sending that wave of love you'd say before. Wouldn't deny you weakly melt in his touch. Like always. Literally always.

"How do you know?"

"You've been smiling since you got off the bus."

"Oh–" you laughed, imagining the weird look on your face. "Do I look crazy?"

"Depends on who sees you. If it was someone else— maybe yes."

I slapped his arm and he laughed. Some people next to us seemed to hear our conversation as seen from their reactions. Some got carried away, blushed, admired my boyfriend's face, or wanted to vomit because of the whole cringe.

If we were in love, everything's cringe would sound so sweet, everything's stupid would be cute, and every poison would taste like maple syrups. It all depends on who we were with and how we appreciated every little thing with gratitude. And you never thought that he was that special. Spending cringe-talk was only for a special person in our hearts.

"Y/n, let's go."

His warm hand took yours and put it in his pocket, his other hand holding an umbrella for both of you. His left shoulder must be wet and sore but you knew he was always doing that to keep you dry, so you pushed the umbrella away a bit by pretending to wipe the dirt on his hand. Then you left the bus stop and started walking through every shop.

You stopped for a moment when something was a bit off. His car wasn't around. He used to park it near the bus stop. "Where's your car?"

"I sold it."