Quick Meetings

Ash had just arrived at the large mansion that Lillie called home. Lillie was waiting for him at the door with a lady who had blond hair like Lillie's, and an older man, who wore butler's clothes. Ash jogged up to the door of the mansion.

"Hey, Lillie!" Ash greeted, as he got up to the door.

"HI, Ash!" Lillie greeted back. "This is my mom, Lusamine, and the house butler, Hobbes."

"Pleasure to meet you both!" Ash said to the two adults.

"Well, what a kind young man, nice to meet you too!" Lusamine giddily shook Ash's hand.

"The pleasure is all mine, Master Ash." Hobbes responded with a bow.

"Uh... No need to be so formal with me, Mr. Hobbes." Ash replied, not used to being treated so formaly.

"If you insist, Mas-uh... I mean, Ash." Hobbes said.

"Don't take Hobbes manners the wrong way, he's a monster on the battlefield." Lillie said, excitingly. "He's the best battler on our staff."

"Really?" Ash said, with stars in his eyes. "Mr. Hobbes, would you mind having a battle with me?"

"I don't know...I haven't battled in a while." Hobbes said bashfully.

"Please, Hobbes?" Lillie asked, not wanting Ash to be disappointed.

"I-I, my lady?" Hobbes turned to Lusamine.

"Go ahead, Hobbes." Lusamine said, with a smile.

"Alright, Ash. You're on!" Hobbes said, dropping the heavy mannerisms.

...

"This is a 1-on-1 Pokémon battle between Ash and Hobbes. Trainers, send out your Pokémon!" Lillie shouted from the Ref's box. 

"Rowlet!"

"Oricorio!"

The two birds landed on the field, both ready for a battle.

"Battle, Begin!" Lillie shouted, and Hobbes opened up with his first move.

"Teeter Dance!" Oricorio began dancing, sending waves of pink energy into Rowlet, which confused the little owl.

"Rowlet, are you OK?" Ash shouted, Rowlet hooted in response, still a little wobbly.

"OK, play it safe. Screech!" Rowlet let out a loud screech, prompting Oricorio to cover its ears.

Rowlet notably snapped out of it's confusion.

"While it's busy! Peck!" Ash shouted.

Rowlet dived in, and landed a solid peck on Oricorio's head.

"Oricorio! Revelation Dance!" Hobbes yelled.

Oricorio rubbed it's Pom-Poms together, and suddenly, shot a bolt of electricity at Rowlet, shocking the poor bird.

"Rowlet!" Ash yelled. Rowlet got back up, and hooted to Ash, signaling he was OK.

"Nice work Rowlet! Leafage!" Rowlet shot a volley of leaves at Oricorio.

"Mirror Move!" Hobbes shouted, and Oricorio launched its own Leafage, cancelling the two moves out.

Oricorio was taken by surprise when it was revealed that Rowlet was nowhere to be seen.

"Where did Rowlet go?" Hobbes asked in confusion.

Ash merely smirked. "Tackle!" he yelled. 

Nothing happened for a moment, when suddenly, Rowlet slammed into Oricorio from above. Rowlet hid in the trees nearby the battlefield, and waited until Oricorio was turned around to strike.