Questions.

A boy about Ash's age, and height, stood in the doorway. He had platinum blonde hair, like Lillie and Lusamine, it was shaved on on side, and put into tousled bangs that covered his right eye. He  wore a black hoodie with red detailing, black pants, and red shoes. A red satchel was strapped to his waist. 

"Gladion!" Lillie said, happy to see the newcomer. Gladion also looked pleased to see her. Lusamine walked up, and gave the boy a small hug, which the boy accepted.

"Ms. Lusamine? Whos this?" Ash asked.

"This is my son, Gladion." Lusamine said. "Lillie's older brother."

"So you're Gladion?" Ash said, walking up for a handshake. "I've been told about you." Gladion shook Ash's hand.

"I wish I could say the same." Gladion said.

"This is Ash, Gladion. One of the new classmates I told you about." Lillie said.

"Ash, huh? That name sounds familiar..." Gladion pondered.

"Kalos League?" Ash asked.

"That's you?!" Gladion asked, and a small shine was in his eye for a split second.

"Yeah, thats me." Ash said, silently wishing that he could get to know people through himself, not through the fact that he participated in the Kalos League.

"Wow. Do you still have your Greninja?" Gladion asked. Ash's face ever so-slightly dropped at the mention of his special ace. Glladion seemed oblivious to it, but it didn't go unnoticed by Lillie and Lusamine.

"Uh... no. I had to leave him in Kalos." Ash said.

"Really? Why?" Gladion asked.

"Um... You heard about the Kalos Crisis?" Ash asked Gladion.

"I doubt anyone hasn't. Although I hear you played a part in that too." Gladion said.

"Well, then you know about the large vines, that Flare had formed that wrecked Lumiose City. Greninja had to stay behind to help Zygarde get rid of them all." Ash explained.

"Jeez, I don't think I would ever be able to let go of a Pokémon like that." Gladion said. "Rumor said that your Greninja's power boost came from some genetic issue with it. Is that true?" Gladion asked.

"Not really. Well, sort of. It wasn't a genetic issue, so to speak." Ash explained. "It's more a genetic, uh... oddity. Greninja had a rare phenomenon in his DNA that allowed him to use some sort of strange Mega-Evolution like thing. It relied entirely on our bond. Once we were close enough, he was able to use 'Battle Bond' as Professor Sycamore had called it. It connected Greninja and I together. We saw through each other's eyes, felt each other's pain, and it also gave us both a boost in our strengths."

Ash gave everyone in the room a second to think, before continuing.

"If Greninja used a move against a type that was weak against him, It dealt even more damage. Greninja would also be faster, stronger, and sneakier. It also applied to me, although I was affected much less by it. I would get a slight boost in my strength's, too. Y'know, run faster, jump higher, more raw strength, that sort of stuff." Ash explained.

"Can you still use Battle Bond?" Lillie asked, amazed that Ash had such a rare Pokémon with him.

"Give me a second. I'll try." Ash said. He steadied himself, then concentrated hard on Greninja. He was interrupted when he felt something heavy put on his head. 

Meloetta floated off his shoulder, still invisible. He looked over to see Lusamine, setting a large helmet on his head, her face dead serious as she hooked it up to a laptop. Wicke and Lillie looked confused, but Gladion just rolled his eyes and facepalmed.