Rock On

A/N 

Before you read this chapter,  update on some of the questions I asked last chapter. Looking at the feedback I got, I made my decision to keep Rowlet as Rowlet. It wouldn't feel the same having a Dartrix or Decidueye having a personality like Rowlet's, and it gives me an excuse to include that little Decidueye Hood Rowlet wore against Hau's Decidueye later on.

I also decided I would like to come up with a Z-Move for Greninja. It sounds like fun, and I have a couple ideas, including some from those who commented. I don't want it to be blatantly overpowered, so my concept includes a limitation: Greninja cannot use Z-Moves while bonded with Ash. This would mean that Ash can choose to deal a destructive Z-Move with Base Greninja, or use Battle Bond to have a general power boost to Ash-Greninja. Greninja can use a Z-Move before bonding, but I will also place a sort of cooldown on that as well. Greninja can't bond directly after a Z-Move, he will need to recharge. This applies to every Z-Move, not just the new one I want to create.This would be a lot simpler if Greninja never could Battle Bond to begin with... But he can, so I have to find a way to make it powerful, without being TOO powerful, and that was the best I could come up with. I need to decide what the Z-Move itself actually does, but I have plenty of time to brainstorm. But, the Greninjium-Z will soon become a thing. Or, well, here at least.

Finally, between Naganadel and Melmetal, one of them must be cut out, and I've decided that it will be Melmetal. He may be a total badass, but he wasn't nearly as important to the story as Poipole/Naganadel was, so Melmetal was cut from the party. Don't worry though, Melmetal will be making an appearance here, but thats for a much later chapter. Who knows, maybe Melmetal will do something similar to Meloetta does, and just be along for the ride, I haven't decided yet. Just know that unfortunately, Melmetal won't be making an appearance on Ash's team.

Now that that is out of the way, enjoy this next chapter, and please leave me some feedback. Since this is my first time writing something here, any feedback letting me know what I could improve on, and what I'm doing fine already, would be greatly appreciated.

-Diggin

____________________________________________________________

Ash was hard at work with the new member of his merry band, Rockruff. He had trouble processing how it came to be, that the little puppy who barged into his and Lillie's room last night would now become on of his new partners. Ash called Rockruff in for a break, and scratched the pup's ears, as they two relaxed for a second. Ash thought back to last morning.

~~~ (A/N I've wanted to try my hand at a flashback in a book for a while, so here goes)

"Ash? Ash? Hey, Ash, wake up." Lillie said, trying to wake him up.

"5 more minutes..." Ash claimed, groggily.

"Nope, get up now, Ash." Lillie said adamantly, pulling open the blinds and filling the room with light.

"2 minutes?" Ash asked, covering his eyes.

"No, Ash." Lillie said, exasperated. She turned back to Ash's bed, only to see it empty. Ash was at the coffeemaker, making coffee.

"You drink coffee?" Lillie asked, surprised.

"Sure do. Not very often, though. It's so bitter." Ash said. "It does wake me up, though."

"Have you ever tried putting sugar in it? Or creamer?" Lillie asked, surprised Ash has been drinking black coffee.

"What's creamer?" Ash asked, and Lillie was speechless. She grabbed one of the small, single-serve portions, and handed it to Ash.