Blazing

Lana was waiting for Ash at Brooklet Hill. The two stood on a small dock on top of the large lake at the top of the hill. The large lake at the top emptied out into multiple smaller basins. 

"Okay Ash, in order to pass this Trial, you need to herd a load of Wishiwashi from the top lake, to the bottom of the hill, where the Totem's Den is. However, you need to find the Wishiwashi first, and there are multiple Dewpider in the basin as well. If you find a Dewpider, you need to battle it. Lapras here is happy to carry you around the lake. The Wishiwashi must make it to the bottom before the Trial ends, understand?" Lana explained.

"Yeah, I got it." Ash said confidently. "Actually, one question. What Pokémon is the Totem?"

"The Totem is an Araquanid, a Water-Bug Type." Lana said, before joining the others in the spectators area. Everyone cheered Ash on, before Lana blew a whistle, and started the Trial.

Ash hopped up onto Lapras' back, and Lapras sailed out into the lake. Ash scanned the surface f the lake for Wishiwashi, but a Dewpider rode up, and started a battle. Pikachu finished the battle quickly with an Electroweb-to-Thunderbolt combo. Ash kept looking, and battled a few more Dewpider, before finally finding the Wishiwashi. Once he had the Wishiwashi ready to move, Lapras began to make its way down the basins, encountering a few more Dewpider, before finally hitting the bottom of the hill, and the Wishiwashi left. Lana blew the whistle again, and the Wishiwashi started to form together.

"Uh, Lana? What's going on?!" Ash asked, confused. 

"I'm not sure, the Wishiwashi never did this before!" Lana answered.

The Wishiwashi entered their School Form, but before anything else happened, a large Araquanid burst out of the water, scattering the School Form Wishiwashi, before turning to Ash and Lapras. Lana started laughing.

"You always do like making an entrance, don't you, Araquanid?" Lana asked rhetorically, after she finished laughing. "Okay, well Ash! Meet the Totem Pokémon, Araquanid! Araquanid! This is Ash, one of my friends, and a Trial Goer, would you mind battling him?" Araquanid nodded, before walking out to stand in the lake.

"Alright! Looking forward to it, Araquanid!" Ash said, as he led Lapras over to the shore, and hopped off of it. 

"Ash, what are you doing?" Lana asked.

"Well, Totem battles can be kind of destructive, right? We don't need Lapras getting hurt, do we?"

"Yeah, thats a fair point." Lana said. "Well, good luck!" Lana walked out of the way of the battle. "Battle Begin!" She shouted, and Ash released Rowlet.

"Alright Rowlet, lets get started. Razor Leaf!"

Rowlet launched some sharp leaves towards Araquanid, but all their momentum was stopped when it entered the bubble around his head. 

"What? So that bubble can stop projectiles. That is gonna make this hard, Rowlet is gonna have to go for the body, then." Ash muttered to himself.

Araquanid used Bubble, and launched  some harmless bubbles at Rowlet, and when they popped on him, Rowlet was coated in a soap-like substance, that hindered his movement.

"Rowlet, can you still fly?" Ash asked, and the owl tried to get airborne. He struggled a little, but eventually was airborne again.

"Nice work, Rowlet! Fly around him!"

Rowlet flew around the Araquanid, hoping to make it dizzy.

"Rowlet, fly around its legs!" Ash called, and Rowlet swopped down to fly around Araquanid's legs. Araquanid lost track of Rowlet while he was underneath of it, and it decided to lay down, trying to catch Rowlet underneath it. Rowlet saw the Totem lower itself, and quickly got out from underneath it. Once the Totem hit the water, it struggled a little trying to get up, which gave Ash an idea. "Rowlet, come back over here!" Rowlet flew over to the shore, and Ash swapped Pikachu in.