Ring

Ash sat next to the window in Kukui's Lab, admiring his new Z-Crystal. He had read a book earlier on how to correctly do the dance required to use Breakneck Blitz, and had practiced it multiple times until he got it down pat. He was ready to be able to use his first Z-Move if it weren't for one thing...

A Z-Ring.

Ash had no clue where to get one, and he couldn't find anything about it in any of the books he read regarding Z-Moves. He tried to get some help from Ilima, but Ilima said he didn't know where to get one, either. Kukui didn't know where to get one either. He had even asked Lusamine, but she wasn't sure either. Ash got up off the windowsill, and went upstairs. Dawn and Kukui were sitting on the couch, talking about Alolan Pokémon. Ash joined the conversation.

"Alola. what happening over here?" Ash said, sitting next to Dawn.

"I'm just asking Professor Kukui if there is anywhere around I could see if I can catch a Pokémon." Dawn said.

"I would suggest Mahalo Trail, there is a bridge that leads to the Ruins of Conflict. It's a ancient place of offering for the Island Guardian, Tapu Koko." Kukui said.

"I've heard of the Island Deities." Ash said. "They were supposedly named the Island Deities by Solgaleo and Lunala, and granted most of their powers by them too. In return, Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu, and Tapu Fini agreed to be the spiritual guardians of the 4 islands of Alola, protecting them from danger." Ash said.

"Thats how the legend goes." Kukui said. "Tapu Koko has made very rare appearance on Melemele, but he rarely shows his face."

"Crazy stuff." Dawn said.

"Anyways. Good luck finding some Pokémon!" Kukui said. 

"Ash, you wanna come with me?" Dawn asked.

"Sure, I don't have anything better to do." Ash agreed.

The two left for Mahalo Trail, and Dawn and Ash spent some time looking around for some Pokémon. A small Pikipeki had perched on Dawn's beanie, and Dawn seemed to enjoy the little woodpecker's company. Rowlet and Pikipeki both seemed to like sitting on people's heads, as Rowlet soon popped out of Ash's bag to sit on his head. The two small birds became pretty good pals, and Piplup also enjoyed having more bird buddies with him.

The Two trainers and their birds kept walking along the trail, when a Spearow came and started harassing Piplup and Dawn. Pikipek and Rowlet chased it off, and Pikipeki wanted to join Dawn, so Dawn tapped the woodpecker's head with a PokéBall, and Dawn caught her first Alolan Pokémon.

The two kept walking along, hoping to see the Ruins of Conflict, when they heard a scream.

"What was that?" Dawn asked. "It sounded familiar.."

"Lillie!" Ash said, and started running towards  the scream, Dawn not far behind him.

...

Lillie was standing at the edge of the bridge, terrified of what she saw. The strange Pokémon she was taking care of  being swarmed by Spearow. She couldn't move. Why? She was over her PokéPhobia now! Why couldn't she help it? 

"LILLIE!" someone yelled. She knew that voice...

"ASH!" Lillie shouted, as Ash ran up to her.

"What's wrong?" Ash asked.

"You need to help it!" Lillie said.

"Who?" Ash asked.

"Nebby! it's on the bridge! It's being swarmed by Spearow!" Lillie said, pointing to it. "I want to go, but I cant move! I don't know why." Lillie said.