Chapter 9: Rantaro arrives!

It's been a few days since his match and Shu couldn't get the image out of his head. He keeps on seeing those piercing blue eyes staring at him. As if they were looking right into his soul. It felt cold and uneasy, but also familiar as well. Valt still hasn't come back home, making Shu feel rather lonely. Suddenly, he heard his doorbell ring, making the white haired male get up and answer the door. Once he opened it, Rantaro bursted in.

He looked eyes with the white haired blader and glared at him, "Have you found him yet, Shu?!" He yelled out. Shu sighed and shook his head, "No. I didn't. But...there is something I haven't told you. Or rather, told anyone," He got up from his couch and walked to the back to get something before coming back, "This is a letter from Valt when he disappeared." Shu said quietly, holding up the letter in his hand.

Of course Rantaro would be very confused and concerned at the same time. When Shu said that, he could see the boy becoming much more quiet and emotional. But still, Rantaro wants to know what his friend said. "Can you...tell me what is in it?" Shu raised an eyebrow, "Sure, but you owe me an explain as well. Why in the hell are you in the United States?" Rantaro froze and stayed still and quiet for a quick minute. Then, he closed his eyes and took a deep breath before rubbing his forehead briefly with his fingers.

Preparing himself, Rantaro carefully sat down on the arm of the couch, just in case if this one would break too. The memory of the first time he did it still haunts him. But anyways, the boy finally started to talk and revealed, "I saw your match on tv a few days ago. You looked much paler than usual and I spotted bags under your eyes. You seemed very stress out Shu. No way am I going to let my buddy, who is the boyfriend of my other buddy, slowly  kill himself! So, I got permission from mom and school to come here and stay with you for a bit!" Shu blinked his eyes multiple times, he then scowled and turned away. Rantaro needs to chill out, he is perfectly fine. The boy is probably just seeing things, yeah, that's it. Rantaro is just acting like a worry rat and it's annoying Shu to no end.

Maybe because he knows deep down that Rantaro is right and hates being a burden to others. It seems like he is now a burden to his friend, who believes that he has to fly all the way from Japan to be take care of him. Rantaro stood up and took a step forward so that he could place a gentle hand on Shu's shoulder. "It's okay to be vulnerable with the people you trust and ask for help, Shu. I am here, we are all here. I know how hard it is with Valt gone and all." Shu sighed and nodded his head,"Fine...I guess you can stay. Thank you, Honcho. Now, I should answer the question you asked earlier. Basically Valt said in the letter was that he is leaving to a special place where he could get stronger. He can't tell anyone where it is for some reason." This sounded bizarre, coming from Valt himself.

"And you let him go, Shu?" Rantaro asked quietly. Shu growled and sharply turned to face the other boy, "He was already gone! How dare you ask that? If he didn't already leave and I found out that something like this would happen, of course I would stop him!" He said sharply. The blond tried to call his name and apologize but Shu wasn't having any of it. He left Rantaro there in the living room and went to his own room, slamming the door shut.

Rantaro cursed himself and flopped himself down on the couch, looking up at the white, blank ceiling. Now why did he had to ruin the mood by asking that? That thought in his head was so random. Shu is still hurting and the last thing he needs is someone painting him as some sort of 'bad guy' or neglectful boyfriend. Rantaro took off his shoes and socks before getting on the couch and relax. His mind soon started to drift away and was replaced with an image of a certain blue haired male instead.

'Valt...come back please...if not for the rest of us, then for Shu.'

In the other room, Shu wish for a similar thing.

Just to have Valt back in his life, in his own arms.