Chapter 19: Revelation

The mask bursted into four, medium-ish sized pieces, falling to the ground with soft clanging sounds.

"No...it can't be true...I don't want to be right..."

But the evidence is right there in front his face, whether he wanted it or not. Unfortunately, Shu ended up being right the whole time. His worst nightmare, that he wished only stayed as a nightmare, became reality. The man he loved and missed for so long... was someone who is completely different than the person he knew all those months ago, for years.

Blue Eye is Valt Aoi.

Shu can now see the full changes of his long lost, estranged boyfriend. First off, Valt's hair somehow got longer, reaching a little bit of his back. Some of the hair was covering a few parts of his eyes. Which were a vibrant blue since he is wearing eye contacts. He is slightly taller now and a bit more muscular, but still sporting a lean body. His skin was all clear of any acne or blemish of any kind. It was as if he were a porcelain doll.

Yes, Valt became more handsome, but he also became more cruel. Shu could barely see any emotion or sign of life anywhere in the other boy's eyes. His mouth a blush pink, slightly full and a bit shiny. Valt is wearing an all black look, with his sweater sleeveless in order to show his muscles. There were many thoughts and feelings going through Shu at the moment. He's all for improving yourself and being the best version of yourself that you can be. But what Shu is not down for is completely losing yourself and being nearly unrecognizable if not completely. Which is what is happening to Valt now.

"Are you done looking at me? You broke my mask, so I want to finish this battle already and go fix it." Valt snapped out viciously, feeling very impatient. Shu's eyes widened even more when he heard Valt's voice, not the Blue Eye voice he had always used when acting as the persona. Valt tilts his head to the side, "Surprised by my voice sounding 'deeper'? Well, I don't blame you. This is the voice of someone who is without happiness. I...only want to become stronger. I don't know what it means to have fun playing beyblade anymore." He concludes, staring at the middle of the stadium.

Shu understands what Valt is saying, this is someone who is very depressed and is on the road of self destruction. He was about to say something when he heard the voice of Ares call out to Valt to stop talking and finish the battle. Shu gulped when he saw Valt's eyes turn into an icy glare as he picked up Ares. "You better be quiet, got that? You're the one who failed and let your opponent hit you to the point that you grew wings and went straight for my mask. You get a great deal of the blame for it being broken now." He gritted out, squeezing his bey with just only his two fingers, ignoring the hisses of pain and soft apologies alongside pleas.

"Stop it, Valt! You're hurting him!" Shu yelled out in worry. Valt whipped his head upwards sharply, letting his glare fall onto Shu. "I don't care, and my name is Blue Eye, not Valt! The one you know is DEAD!" Shu wouldn't back down, no matter how much his right hand is shaking in fear, "All of this just because you lost to Lui?" Shu asked quietly, peering into the boy.

Valt only stared at him, "That's only a small part of it, there is more. Much bigger. But I'm done talking-"

"WELL, I'M NOT! This is crazy, you're annihilating beys and causing only despair amongst bladers who have faced you or are going to face you! All of this for power?! How is causing destruction going to make you powerful, huh Valt?! It's just adrenaline..a fuse that will end soon. Once that's up, you will return to being weak!" Shu bellowed out.

Valt sighed and sat on the ground, looking at the ceiling. "Ares...tell me the truth. You can do the possession thing, right?" Ares stayed silent for a few seconds before answering with a simple yes. Valt closed his eyes, "Well...I want you to posses me now." A few moments passed before those eyes opened, taking out a small box before taking off the eye contacts. Revealing a vibrant orange color. Once closed and put away, those eyes looked over at Shu and Spryzen, turning sinister.