One Shot: Interview with White Eye

A/n: This is different from the usual chapters I post, I wanted to do something a bit different while I formulate ideas for the next main chapter of the story. Enjoy!

Interviewer: Welcome White Eye, thank you for taking the time to have a interview with us.

White Eye: *rolls his eyes behind his mask* Sure, whatever. I was forced to be here, so, get on with it. I don't have all day, I have stuff to do.

Interviewer: Alright, to start this off, can you tell us a little bit about yourself?

White Eye: Such as?

Interviewer: Your age, nationality, hobbies, etc.

White Eye: I am fifteen years old, I'm French-Italian, I like to read manga, play video games and fight. I also like to cook and bake things. I'm unfortunately the chef here at the Snake Pit.

Interviewer: Oh wow! What do you usually make for them?

White Eye: Spicy noodles with crab rangwoon, chicken parmesan with veggies, and other foods in this country and where my family is from.

Interviewer: When did you join the Snake Pit? How was that like?

White Eye: I first joined when I was thirteen years old. I convinced one of my uncles that I was just moving to Japan to have better schooling and experience. When I made it to the Snake Pit, I can definitely tell that the rumors I hear about it were true. The vibes were creepy, intense and pretty scary. But after I proved my skill and got admitted, things slowly got better as I adapted to their ways.

Interviewer: Ah, I understand. Well, I least we got confirmation that the Snake Pit is indeed a scary place. Now, White Eye, do you have a girlfriend?

White Eye: This is getting off track, you're here to ask about the Snake Pit, not me. I was lenient with the questions directed towards me but I'm running out of patience.

Interviewer: Okay, I apologize White Eye. Forgive me.

White Eye: It's fine. Now, continue before I leave.

Interviewer: Y-Yes, anyways, how does the Snake Pit admit bladers to their organization?

White Eye: First, we have them take a physical exam. When it comes to being a strong blader here at the snake pit, you need to be able to be strong and fit. Especially since our training involves a lot of movement. Second, we give them a written exam that is split into two parts. Part one is just like your usual exam students take at school. Part two is more related to blading itself. If not passing with flying colors, then you need to get at least a seventy or higher for both parts in order to pass to the last stage. Which is facing one of the current members of the snake pit. If the person wins or it's a draw, they immediately pass. But if they lose, now it's up to their opponent and other judges present to decide whether you pass or not based on your performances and/or skill. People usually fail at the first or last stage.

Interviewer: Let's say out of two thousand applicants, for example, about how many would usually pass the administration process.

White Eye: Probably fifty, one hundred at most. *takes out a red lollipop and opens the wrapper, discarding it in the nearest trash bin before popping the candy in his mouth*

Interviewer: What the hell? Why?!

White Eye: *snickers* You shouldn't swear interviewerrrr. Also, I said it before, people usually fail at the first or last stage. It's obvious by what I said that the process is hard.

Interviewer: Pardon me. Do you guys have at least something to help applicants prepare?

White Eye: *shrugs* The only thing we do is tell them to study for the written part of the process. We don't give them the prompts ahead of time or anything else. Remember, we want to see what they're capable of. When it comes to those who passed however, we unfortunately follow the same motto as that American, Carnegie. We help those who can help themselves. For us, that means if someone is smart and physical enough to pass our exam and their classes, we don't mind giving a little boost and see what they do with it. However, if someone is injured or sick and they're unable to do some things and have to take some time off, the Snake Pit is quite ruthless and leaves the person on their own.

Interviewer: If that's the case, why do you think people are interested in joining the Snake Pit?

White Eye: I think it's because of two things. One, they want to know more about the mysterious organization. Two, they probably believe that we can help them be stronger, I don't know.

Interviewer: Are the members of the Snake Pit suppose to keep their mask on for the whole day.

White Eye: Yup, except when you're in your room, by yourself.

Interviewer: Oh yeah, there are some missing children who are still not found. The one thing investigators have found in common is that apparently, the children wanted to go to the Snake Pit organization. There are some parents whose children told them about joining, got permission to apply and go, and haven't been back for a long time. Though, we do have a few people who returned but refused to say anything on their experience. Why is that? Where are the rest of the children?

White Eye: I have no knowledge of that, you will have to ask someone else.

Interviewer: Are the children allowed to go home or contact home?

White Eye: To go home, there is a process I'm not sure about but have heard of. As for contacting home, it's up to them.

Interviewer: Are you single, White Eye?

White Eye: ...

Interviewer: ...

White Eye: *gets up and heads for the door, signaling the guards to deal with the interviewer* This interview is over. *vanishes from the interview room*