Chapter 17: A change in the Snake Pit

A/n: We are back to the main story, also, this chapter is the start of the climax! Including this one, there will five final chapters before I end this book. It has been a journey, and I loved it. This does mean though, that there is a small chance that I might take a little longer to post them. Anyways, thank you all for your support! Let's enjoy the last stages of our ride/journey/story. ^_^

Last note: There is a two month time skip, making Valt being at the Snake pit for around six months and Shu at the Snake Pit for two months. NOW, we can enjoy this chapter and the future ones, lol.

"Ashtem, we are reaching the semi finals of the tournament. I believe that we should check in with Blue Eye and Red Eye to make sure they don't betray us if either them wins the whole thing." One of the advisors proposed. The boss smirked and looked up from a book he was reading. "Do you not trust them? Besides, if they really want to leave one day, who cares. I know they won't say anything about us if they care about their lives." The advisor grumbled and turned away, walking towards the door. "Your predecessor was much better than you." He said icily. Ashtem hummed and leaned back in his chair, "Maybe so. Because you wanted a heartless person with no life inside of them to run this place. You know, if I was like him, you would already by minced meat for the way you acted." And with that, the advisor turned pale under the mask and bolted out of the office.

At the same time the advisor exited the room, Blue Eye came inside. Ashtem smiled once he noticed the blader and gestures for the boy to come and sit down. Once Blue Eye got closer and did that, Ashtem places his book down and took out a lollipop. Opening it and popping the candy in his mouth. "Nice to see ya again, Bluey. What brings you here?" He asked casually.

Blue Eye rolled his eyes, "You're the leader, address me as Blue Eye instead, White Eye."

"Okayy, Blue Eye, then you address me as 'Ashtem' or 'Ashtem Fioncini' got it?" Ashtem said in response.

Blue Eye glared at him, before rolling his eyes and letting out a 'tsk' as he taps his fingers against his leg. "Why do you have to be leader?" He groans. Ashtem snorts and shrugs his shoulders as a reply. "My predecessor named me as leader, I guess. Then went off the grid." Blue Eye stares at him with a raised eyebrow, "But why?" Ashtem huffs and frowns this time around. "I do not know why, I just told you. Maybe it's because I'm the strongest blader next to him or something." Blue Eye's look turns skeptical but he doesn't questions further. Instead, he starts to walk out of the office.

"I call cap, but it's whatever."
————————————————-
Shu smiles at Spryzen, "Buddy...I think it's time to move forward with the plan. It's time to challenge him to a battle." The beyblade stayed quiet, staring right at his owner. Shu raised an eyebrow in confusion, wondering why his bey is staying silent. After poking his bey a few times, Spryzen finally decided to speak.

"Well, this will turn out great."

Shu lost his smile and glared at his bey instead, "I don't need any sarcasm or attitude from you. So, cut it." Spryzen hummed, "Sure. Whatever, papa." Shu sighed and placed Spryzen down to drink some water. He is not up for playing with Spryzen at the moment. There is more important matters to address.

Spryzen suddenly said, "But what if your suspicions are proven correct? What will you do then?" Shu placed his bottle down and went to lay down on the couch, staring up at the blank, white sky. That was a good question, to be honest, it will be hard. Shu soon closed his eyes, "We will deal with it when it comes. Anyways, Spryzen, you have been possessing me lately, haven't you?" A sharp gasp escaped the bey and he started to stutter out nonsense, trying to find any excuse that makes sense.

But his owner raised a hand to silence him, smiling, "It's fine. I know that you won't have any harm come onto my body. I trust you, Spryzen. Anyways, I will let you posses me now. I need you to find Valtreyk. Let him know that it's time to find out the truth once and for all and if our theory is proven correct, bring him back." Before anything could be done, however, someone started to knock on Shu's door. The boy stood up and placed on his mask, heading towards the door and opening it. Only to find Blue Eye standing there.

"I heard your conversation. So you're able to talk to your bey as well," he started crack his knuckles on his right hand with his thumb, "let's have a battle Red Eye. I want to see if you're good enough to face Lui. If you're good enough to face me. Ares is very eager to face this Spryzen of yours. Do you accept my proposal?" Shu didn't even hesitate at all and looked back at Spryzen, who remained silent. "That's fine for me, right now?"

Blue Eye nodded his head, "Yes. Let's go, Ares is getting quite impatient. Follow me." With that, he turned around and started walking. Shu quickly grabbed Spryzen and his launcher. There, his bey finally ended his silence again.

"Shu...I'm worried. I know that bey..."

The boy cocked his head to the side in confusion, but then dismissed it, "You will be fine. Don't be a worry rat, Spryzen." The bey let out a shaky breath, trying to stop his anxiety from rising any further.

He hopes that what Shu has said to him will be true. He really does.