18- new beginnings

The day you left Bakugo's place was the same day you moved into the safe house Kazuo mentioned. The safe house was more like a small apartment, there were cameras and sensors in hidden zones around the place, so if anything happened they would immediately know what the problem was.

You didn't carry much stuff, your luggage was light, there was only some casual clothes like sweats and t-shirts.

Kazuo insisted you keep the jewel on you at all times in case Blackfire made a sudden return. He had also asked, with a glare, that you'd keep it somewhere that's not your boot.

Ever since Blackfire crashed the festival, there weren't any signs that she was even in Japan anymore. No news of destroyed buildings or sightings of her anywhere. This made any plans of finding her impossible.

You were in the small kitchen of the safe house. Everything seemed so bland and sad, the atmosphere unsettling, it made your stomach churn. This wasn't how you wanted to live, but there was no other option. You could easily go to another planet of course, but you've become so attached to earth.

Especially him.

You scanned the house one more time before once again realizing your situation. "Wow, I'm staying here."

Because of my psycho sister.

From your side you could see Aizawa's attempt to nod. He insisted on staying for a while.

It was getting dark outside.

"Alone." You added.

Aizawa spoke up, "I'm staying here—"

"No." You thought back to class 1-A, your friends. "The class needs you; asking you to stay would be very selfish of me."

"(Y/N), sometimes it's okay to be selfish." Aizawa stated. "C'mon, let's order something to eat."

-

There were wings licked clean to the bone on cheap foam plates which sat on the small coffee table of the living room. Aizawa was asleep, probably today's events taking a toll on his already-fragile-body.

You had to hand feed him the wings, which was weird at first until the two of you started having a conversation in between said feeding, so the weirdness washed away with the natural small talk.

While Aizawa slept you unlocked your phone pressing on 'call' on a specific contact.

-

"Thanks Kazuo."

Aizawa's eyes shot open after hearing the sound of the door unlocking, but he relaxes when he sees Kazuo walking in with a garment bag.

"You came all the way over here for that?" Aizawa asked.

"This one over here wanted me to drive you home." Kazuo pointed at you with his thumb. "First of all kid, I'm not your personal driver. I'm a top ranked agent working day and night to catch villains to detain them, not to drop off your laundry." He harshly threw the garment bag onto the couch.

"Are you done." You stared blankly at him. "Get him home." You pointed at Aizawa.

"I can't just leave you alone." Aizawa protested.

"Kazuo, if you take him home I'll stop bothering you."

"Alright, let's go."

Aizawa was brought up to his feet and carried away like a rag doll. "Careful, I just ate." He grumbled. Before the pair walked out the door you heard Aizawa yell, "Good luck on your first day tomorrow!"

You chuckled watching them walk down the stairs, when they were out of sight you shut the door and your smile fell.

You pressed your back against the door and once again scanned your temporary 'home'. It was quiet, the lights were dim, you felt so out of place.