The Trial (1)

-author's note/disclaimer-

//I haven't written anything like this in a really long time and it's mostly just my way of getting the simp brain worm out of my head, if so possible. This story has been in my head so maybe writing it all out will save me. Who knows. I'm also not a native speaker so show mercy!//

//Edit: Please note that this fanfiction is intended for an adult audience, as it includes graphic sexual themes and violence. 

The Trial

You wake up.

Your head is dizzy, you never recall the inbetween of being at the campfire and suddenly standing in the middle of god-knows-where. This time it's snowing, there seems to be a ski resort around you and you take part in the repeated game of finding a generator. It's is honestly a mystery to you, why you even try to get out of these hellish places, taking flesh scalding hit after hit only to wake up somewhere else the next day. You don't even remember how many times you've been through this, but something just keeps you hoping that one day the exit gate leads you home instead of the cold void, that places you right back at the campfire.

When you start working on a generator, as hidden behind the next rock as possible, the cold metal hurts your hands, but that won't stop you from working on the old creaky thing. You do your best not to get your skin stuck on the freezing pipes, while the gasoline slowly begins to heat up the machine as you get it working- and then you hear it.

A thunderous crash, metal cutting the frozen ground below, sends a shiver down your spine. You've never heard this noise. Loud crashes could be signs of the nurse, but this wasn't quite it. It sounds far away enough, that you do not let it shake you and continue on the generator, even though you almost blew a fuse, as you were distracted. The cold is eating at your knees, feet and hands while you listen in for more signs of life.

Sadly, the next noise you hear is the cry of a teammate, they just got hit. Luckily for you, it is again far away from your position, so you might be able to finish this generator before running to help this Megan in need. You haven't seen a single other survivor, which is both filling you with hope that you might hear multiple generators pop, but also the fear that they could all be hiding and prolonging the trial at your expense. Anxiety fills your stomach as you finish the gen, just as the Meg gets hit with the same thunderous crash that you heard before. Not long until you will hear her screams on the hook.

Instead of a hook, another metallic noise sets you off, you've never heard it before, but somewhere in the distance you see a structure appear. Intrigued by the break of your routine, you decide to investigate, to find Meg stuck in a metal cage with rusty spikes piercing her shoulders. She is struggling against the box, before you pull her out of it. It honestly looked like it was going to be a lot harder to manage that, but as soon as you touched her through the cage, it started fading. You tear off a piece of your clothing to manage Meg's wounds, as your heartbeat starts to move right into your throat. It always fuels you with rage when these killers, go for the exact person they just hooked over and over again until they die- not leaving them a single moment of peace. But your rage is misplaced as you see Dwight running past you, as he is followed by a creature you have never seen before. With the body of a rather muscular man and a giant metal pyramid on his head, the killer drags a giant rusty sword across the ground, scraping and screeching at the frozen soil. You duck behind the wooden crates that you and Meg healed behind and you hold your breath. Sometimes the trials make you numb, but seeing this killer makes you scared for your life in a way you haven't felt in a long time. All you can do is think about that giant sword and wince at the thought of being pierced by it.

As Meg slowly crouches away from you, you realise that you have to get moving. Only one generator has been finished and Dwight is about to become this Killer's next victim.