The forest (2)

It was when his sweaty skin slowly peeled away from yours, that you realised that Pyramid Head was warm, flesh and blood. As he rests himself on the wooden crate across from you again, you fall asleep on the bed. You can still feel the aftermath of what just happened, your body is exhausted, but satisfied. His seed is inside you, though you don't imagine anything to be particularly fertile in this world. You certainly haven't bled- at least not from your vagina. The collar around your neck feels like a part of you now, but you still wonder, what exactly is going to happen? Is this just how it's going to be?

After sleep has interrupted your worries, you wake alone in the shed and slowly begin to stretch. You rummage through the charms you've been gifted. You begin to feel nauseous and sad at the thought of the pain that was caused to obtain these. While stuck in the trials, you have often questioned whether you were even real, or whether your suffering and the suffering of every other survivor was just a twisted dream the entity projects. Reality and illusion seem to be indistinguishable with the forced at play here. Your peculiar situation makes you wonder, whether there is a way out. Are the killers just as kept within this world as the survivors? You can't help your curiosity and wander outside of the shed, but this time, you aren't looking to simply fill time, you are going to explore.

You never counted the sheds, but there are well over 20. They are randomly assembled, not in a grid, but perhaps a different form. Treating the campfire as the center, you walk to what you believe would be the edge of this realm. You walk slowly and aware of your surroundings, this time no one seems to be following you. You are defenceless anyway. Approaching what seems to be a thick forest, you start noticing the fog is getting thicker around you. Not only it is getting harder to see anything, but your throat is starting to hurt. The fog is making it harder to breathe, not like smoke, but like a chemical that is slowly aiming to make you drowsy. This does not stop you, you need to know what's behind the forest, even if it knocks you out before you get to the end. The trees are getting taller, the deeper you enter the forest, the roots are bigger than your body and the cloth you used to breathe through is soaked with whatever the fog is made out of. There is no sign of life and nothing trying to stop you except for the fog.

Suddenly, you hear a rustling behind you. You look, but you can't see very far and it's too late to stop now. You start to run.

Vines, branches and leaves are scraping at your arms as you push them aside while running deeper into the forest. You make the mistake of trying to look behind you as you run and trip over a smaller root on the ground. This sends you tumbling down into a depression in the ground. As your face is smacked violently against the forest floor, you look up. The forest still will not end for miles to come. You can barely see in front of you, but you can tell, you know it in your heart. The fog is getting to your lungs and you are no longer able to keep your eyes open. The last thing you feel before becoming unconscious is something grabbing you.

A gentle humming is the next thing you hear, but instead of safety you feel nothing but fear, because you recognise this humming- you have heard it countless of times before and it never meant anything good. Your body jerks up before you even manage to open your eyes, but you're held back by something. Are you tied up? Why can't you open your eyes. You don't feel a blindfold, so you panic. Did she take your eyes? Your eyes are hurting but not that badly. The humming stopped when you tried to get up and now you hear someone walking closer. Your body is frozen, you can't scream. All you can think about is how dumb it was of you to ever leave the shed again. What were you thinking?

Something wet and warm touches your eyes- like a towel. Soft motions are removing what seems to be a crust from your eyes. Your eyes are burning but you finally open them. The Huntress is looking down at you, still cleaning the skin around your eyes and now beginning to hum again. In the distance you can hear a thunderous crash followed by noises of wood being shattered. Your experience taught you that this is Pyramid Head. Is he coming to get you? It sounds far away. But you aren't scared, because why would Huntress harm you after seemingly taking care of you. The more you look around, you realise you are not a prisoner. The "heavy thing" holding you back from getting up was merely a blanket. You assume that your body is too weak to move because of whatever is in the fog on the outside. You muster up the courage to ask her, "Did you find me in the forest?". She nods, while cleaning the towel. There is white goo on it. "Is that... was that on my eyes?" She nods again. "Is it from that fog?" She nods once more, but gestures you to be quiet, by putting 1 finger to her lips. Lifting a jug filled with what seems to be water, she slowly moves towards you. She nods and starts pouring the water into your eyes while tilting your head to the side, to clean your eyes more. The water burns and you whimper, but it starts to make your vision a lot better. Her shed is a lot more comfortable and warm than any of the other killer sheds you have seen. There are rugs, blankets, scarfs, carpets and tapestry decorating the rustic wooden shed- even a stone chimney.