The Blight (4)

//author's note: Please understand that this fanfiction is intended for adult audiences only. 

Mornings don't exist in this world, but for you the morning was the moment Pyramid Head got up to enter another trial. You were still in collar, but assumed it was okay to move around a little bit, so you decided to go on a walk to sort your thoughts.

Everything that happened before left you with a sore feeling in your gut. You couldn't tell how you felt about the Legion anymore. Did you feel guilty, did you feel sorry or were you shocked and now forever distanced from them?

You have learned the layout of the killer shacks to avoid the aggressive ones and pass by the ones who seem the most harmless. Typically, those who do not care about your existence. You wonder how different some of them are if not under the influence of the entity. As you walk around, you eye the fog at the edge between the trees. It seems even thicker now than last time. Something is trying to keep you out of there.

Suddenly, you hear a groan coming from behind you. You duck into a nearby bush and wait. It's Blight, hobbling his way to his shack with a couple of yellow oozing flowers in his grip. You've never seen these before. You have however seen Blight around, he typically doesn't seem aggressive, but that's because you stay out of his sight as much as possible. The memories you have of him chasing you around in the trials are enough for a lifetime. You do notice that the yellow ooze of the flowers is the same as... well.. whatever he oozes out.

As soon as you turn around your vision gets dark. Hair is in your face, it's Susie, hanging from a shack roof. You were startled and fall on your ass. "Fuck." you utter.

"Oh I'm sorry, I didn't think I'd frighten you." she says softly. You have never heard her speak before. "Yesterday didn't end on a good note. I wanted to tell you I am sorry." she explains. "I told them, asking you to become a killer is a dumb idea, but we were worried about you. We've seen what the entity does to killer pets." As soon as she said this, she gasped, realising that she told you something she shouldn't have. You know this is what Julie was hiding. But before you can confront Susie on her slip-up, she disappears. Still on the floor, you sit for a while, unsure whether you should go to the Legion to find out the truth, whether you even want to know. If attachment is dangerous, what happened between you and Pyramid Head last night definitely sealed the deal, no coming back. "Does the trouble never end?" you whisper to yourself as you continue your walk, now heading back to Pyramid Head's shack, because the safe shack tour really isn't that large and you don't want to be picked up by anyone today.

You clean the charms that were left from last time Pyramid Head returned. Just the regular rubble and a pink elephant plushie. It smelled sour, like someone threw up on it. You notice a cute and some of the stuffing missing in its leg. It seems there is something stuffed inside so you pull it out. It's a piece of paper, folded and dirty. You take a look, when suddenly the portal opens in the shack and Pyramid Head steps out. Hiding it between your fingers you try to seem as relaxed as possible. Why are you hiding this?

Either not noticing or pretending not to notice the secrecy, Pyramid Head drops another bunch at your feet. 12 charms. A whole team just died. Thinking about it now, you wonder if he leaves the ones behind that are "dangerous", like the brass knuckles David used to bring. A hand slowly pushes up your chin to look at him. He seems to be looking for signs of injury or maybe your overall well-being again, so you smile at him. That takes him by surprise. It honestly does to you, too. When was the last time you smiled?

Another portal opens straight away. Agitated, Pyramid Head smacks it with his sword, but it doesn't go away. He does a very long and grumpy breath, almost like a sigh, and leaves.