Not Working

Wow, I can't believe cake could taste this good. Why would anyone wanna destroy this place when they got a nice bed and delicious cake to eat all the time? I took another bite and moaned in delight as my mouth was burst with flavor.

"This is so good!" I shouted before shoving another piece into my mouth. "Can't believe Harry and Gil are missing this."

Uma chuckled. "You wouldn't even be eating this if you went with them," she commented.

I hummed in agreement. "This is so much better than your mom's cake, no offense."

"Please, this is better than your Uncle Kronk's." Uma and I gave each other a look before we burst out laughing. That was a funny joke.

"Like anyone could beat Uncle Kronk's cooking," I laughed as I leaned on to her.

Celia even nodded. "Maybe he can make us some spinach puffs when we get home," she suggested. She motioned to her face. "He can't really say no to me."

"He can't say no to anyone," Uma said.

We didn't even know Mal was standing behind us until she cleared her throat. We stopped eating out food and looked at her. Mal's lips were pursed as she looked at Uma and me. She let out a soft sigh before saying, "That was a really good idea. To check Audrey's room. Now we know that we're on the right track."

Uma looked at me before looking back at Mal since we were both surprised she hasn't insulted Uma anywhere in that sentence. "Is there an insult in there that I missed?" Uma questioned.

"Just...I wanted to thank you." Mal looked at me this time. "And MJ...I really am sorry. For leaving you on the Isle. And I'm sorry for kidnapping you because we wanted you back. It wasn't my decision to make and now...I can see you're better off with Uma."

I couldn't help but smile at Mal. After all this time, she finally apologize. And she's getting along with Uma after...who knows how long. All the name-calling and bickering, their rivalry could stop today.

I motioned to the cake and said, "Have some with us."

Mal smiled back before she went over to the other side of the table. I kicked her chair back while Uma got her a slice of cake. Celia excused herself to go use the bathroom upstairs. So it was just the three of us sitting together and eating cake in comfortable silence.

"Uma," Mal called out. "So, I...maybe kinda missed the boat a little bit on calling you Shrimpy and not letting you join the gang."

Uma nodded. "Yeah. We really could've torn up the Isle together."

I let out a fake scoff. "I resent that."

Uma elbowed me playfully. "You know what I mean."

Mal chuckled before using her finger to wipe frosting off the plate and eating it. A few seconds later, we all jumped when we saw the front door getting board up. Wooden boards were covering the front door and the windows.

"Celia!" I called out. She was running downstairs and I made my way toward her. I wrapped my arms around her as she looked around.

Celia held onto me tightly and shouted, "We're trapped!"

Evie and Doug ran into the room. "Are you guys ok? What's going on?" she rushed out. Mal and Uma soon joined us in our little huddle.

Mal told us to get behind her before she held her hands out and chanted, "You've caused my friends pain and fear, we've had enough, now disappear!" Nothing was happening. Mal moved her hands again but nothing was working. "You guys, I'm sorry, my spells aren't working. Audrey's magic is getting stronger."

On instinct, I thrust my hand out to shoot ice to make another entrance but I forgot that Audrey took my magic away. And I hate it. I hate being useless.

Uma's shell on her necklace began glowing. Her mouth flew open as she stood next to Mal and showed her. They grabbed each other's hands immediately and chanted, "You caused our friends pain and fear, we had enough, now disappear!"

The glow in Uma's shell soon disappeared along with the boards around the house.

"You did it," Evie breathed. Mal and Uma looked back at her, which made Evie smile. "Together. This is what I've been talking about."

"I guess my shell likes you," Uma told Mal. Uma took out Hades' ember and handed it to her. "Why don't you hold on to that?"

I felt a tug on the hem of my shirt and looked at Celia. "You ok, MJ?"

I didn't want to make her worry about me. I didn't want to tell her how I feel so useless just standing there and doing nothing. So I gave Celia my best smile and said, "I'm fine."

Celia didn't look convinced but decided to let it go. So she removed herself from me and went right for the door and looked out the window. She turned and gave me and Mal a smirk.

"Hey, it's your baes," she teased us.

My eyes went wide as Mal and I rushed out. Harry's finally here so he can break the spell. I nearly pushed everyone out of the way.

"Harry!" I shouted.

"Frosty?" Harry and Gil wondered.

I crashed into Harry and gave him a tight hug. He brought his hand behind my head and held me close. "What happened to ye, lass?" he asked.

"Did you change your hair? I'm really liking it."

I ignored them and looked up at Harry. "Harry, kiss me."

"Wait, what?"

"Kiss me," I said the same time Evie, Uma, and Celia shouted behind, "Kiss her!"

Harry wasn't sure what was going on but kissed me anyway. I grabbed the collar of his vest tightly as I pulled him close. I felt myself melting into the kiss as he held me close. The kiss didn't last long before I pulled away.

Harry had a smirk on his face. "If you missed me that much, Frosty, then why didn't you just say so."

I looked back at the girls. All of their mouths were open in shock. Evie had her hand over her mouth and she looks...upset. Wait, wait, why would she be upset? Actually, all of them look a bit upset.

"It should have worked," Mal breathed. She looked at them. "True loves kiss was supposed to break it, right?"

"Guys?" I questioned. I held my hand up and expected a snowflake to appear, but nothing was coming out of my hand. I took a strand of my hair and still found it brown. "I - I don't understand."

"It was supposed to work," Evie said as she came closer. "You and Harry kissed. The spell should have been broken. True loves kiss always works."

"I know. And I know I love Harry." My mouth flew open, the air being refusing to enter my lungs, as I looked at Harry. "Harry...do you love me?"

》》》》

A/N: Omg, why didn't it work? What's gonna happen? Do you guys think Harry loves MJ?