1

" Yes, mama I landed safely."

" Yes, mama I drank enough water."

" Yes, mama I'm in the cab home."

" Yes, mama I remembered to lock my doors before I left."

Zhara answers question after question from her persistent mother, despite the fact that she just saw her a few hours ago.

" You will visit me again soon, yes?" Esther asks.

" Yes, mama," Zhara affirms with a chuckle, " Mwen renmen ou (I love you)"

"Mwen renmen w tou (I love you too)"

The phone call ends just in time for Zhara to exit the cab and head up to her apartment. She's joined by a few of her neighbors in the elevator, but soon comes to her floor and steps out. She walks down the hallway and gets the keys from her purse to unlock the door, only to realize that it doesn't need to be unlocked.

The door wasn't locked.

Zhara opens the door, slowly, cautiously, eyes wide open and alert. She places her keys between each of her knuckles on her right hand, forming a fist as she anticipates an intruder, but the sound of the front door closing behind her makes her jump. Zhara turns around, ready to strike whoever finds themself on the other end of her fist, but she pulls back once she recognizes the face.

" For fuck's sake, Erik, don't scare me like that!" Zhara exclaims as she backhand slaps his chest.

" Why would I stop when you look so cute with your lil wolverine claws?" Erik teases as he holds up her fist with the keys, " I mean come on, look at this."

Zhara pulls her hand away from his grasp, but can't help but smile as she looks up into his eyes.

" I missed you," She states.

" I missed you too, baby," Erik smiles.

The tall man steps forward, his hands making their home on Zhara's hips as his lips crash down onto hers. Feverishly, passionately and aggressively. Erik makes his desires known as his hand tightly grips her hips and pulls her even closer to his body. And while Zhara loves the affection, she's just not in the mood.

" How about... we take... a bath?" She suggests in between kisses.

" Bet," Erik smirks, then brings his hand down to land a smack on her ass, " Let's go."

Zhara rolls her eyes with a grin as Erik saunters into the bathroom, where he turns on the water to fill the tub and adds a few bubbles to it as well. The water is hot. Not warm, not boiling, but hot.

She enters the hot and humid room to see Erik taking off his shirt, a sight she loves to see. She thinks his scars are beautiful and make his features look so hot.

 She thinks his scars are beautiful and make his features look so hot

One by one, they step into the tub. Erik first, then Zhara. She stands with her feet submerged in the water facing Erik. His hands gently caress her legs as his lips leave little kisses along her thighs.