3

The moonbeams cascade down onto the small Atlanta apartment. The night is long and dark, barely a few stars in the sky as the city goes on down below. While Erik sleeps soundly in the bed, Zhara is up. She sits on the couch with the window wide open. She holds a joint in between her fingers and inhales the plant. She's nearly done when she picks up her phone and makes a call.

" Zhara?"

" Molo, baba (Hi, dad)"

" Wenza ntoni emva kwexesha kangaka? (What are you doing up so late?)"

" ndiya...ndicinga (I'm... thinking)"

Zhara sighs.

" Kwakutheni ukuze umke ekhaya uye kufudukela kumazwe? (Why did you leave home and move to the states?)"

And now it's Abeo's turn to sigh.

" Would you like another bedtime story?" He suggests.

" I want to know why you left, baba," Zhara states, " You always talk about Wakanda so beautifully... why did you leave?

" Because I disagreed with the king," Abeo sighs, " And I had no power to change it. I was a warrior... not a leader. Certainly not a politician," he chuckles, " And I lost my will to fight... and the king respected my wishes. I came to New Orleans, thinking I could enjoy a Mardi Gras or two and try to live a normal life... but then I met your mother... and not soon after, you were born."

" What did you disagree with the king about?" She asks.

Only to be met with silence.

" The hour is late, Zhara. I think you should head to sleep."

" Baba, please--"

" Goodnight, my child."

The phone call ends just as Zhara exhales the final breath of smoke. She sets her phone down on the plush couch and looks up at the big beautiful moon in the sky.

She closes her eyes and soaks in the moonlight. The joint helps elevate her experience. Helps bring her to a completely different plane of existence.

Her body in one and her mind in another.

It comes easy for her. Effortlessly and easily.

The aspect of spirituality has always been around in her life. Her biggest influence was her mother, but her beliefs now are hers, and hers alone.

Truth be told, she doesn't know what she believes.

She lives in a world where Gods are real and superheroes can live right next door.

She believes there's more to the universe than the plane of existence she finds herself to be in. She believes there's a divine energy she can tap into.

Zhara soon retires to bed, joining Erik in slumber before waking up the next morning and getting ready for their trip,

Erik said to prepare for a minimum of a week, and so she does just that.

Zhara packs her essentials into her suitcase before she zips it up and heads down to the ground floor where her lover awaits with a taxi.

They arrive at the airport, and not long after get onto the plane and settle into their seats. The flight is just about 8 hours, giving them time to watch a few movies and catch some z's before they arrive at their destination.

They step off the plane and into the airport in London, where they clear customs and hail yet another cab.

To the hotel, they go. Erik insists he should check in while Zhara grabs a cup of complimentary tea in the lobby. And she listens, just assuming that he wants her to relax.