6

The beauty and majesty of the outskirts of Wakanda are unlike anything Zhara has ever seen. She grew up in the states and in the city of New Orleans. She's never been to her mother's homeland of Haiti, and has never been to her father's homeland of Wakanda.

But now, now she's finally there. Finally breathing in the air that feels so pure that it fills up her lungs in just one breath. A smile comes across her face as she waves her hands through the blades of tall grass while the sun falls down on her skin.

Her smile is broken once Erik shuts the door to the plane and begins to drag the tarp with the body inside.

" Come on, baby. Let's go," He orders as he walks ahead of her.

" Do you even know where you are going?" Zhara asks as she follows behind him, " You have no map, no compass, no GPS--"

" I got it," Erik insists, " Don't worry."

She takes a deep breath to soothe her nerves so as to not act on her growing anger. She never wants to let her anger take over, which is why she centers herself to remain calm and collected.

" Can we not just enjoy a moment?" Zhara questions, " Take a breath, sit, and regain some energy?"

" Nah, we ain't got time," Erik brushes off.

Her mind and heart are aching at this moment. Everything she's known over the years has changed over the course of a few days. The love of her life has changed right in front of her eyes. She barely recognizes him, but she's unable to stop him. She knows she can't. She knows that Erik won't stop till he gets what he wants.

And he wants the throne.

While Zhara is absolutely delighted to be in Wakanda, she's ashamed of the circumstances. She's ashamed that they've assaulted the King, and now wish to take the throne away from him. She's ashamed that they enter the country with a corpse as they near one of the tribes.

They wear dark blue robes, and Zhara recognizes them to be the border tribe, but they don't look nearly as excited as two strangers approach, especially as Erik drops the body by their feet.

" What is this?" One of the men asks.

" Just a little gift," Erik states, then bends down to move the tarp and reveal the face, prompting the men to draw their weapons.

But as the man named W'Kabi looks down to see the face of the dead body within the tarp, his curiosity is peaked, for these strangers have done the one thing that the royal family was never able to.

Kill Ulysses Klaue.

Given that they are still strangers, they are handcuffed and taken by the border tribe.

And what Zhara doesn't expect is the reveal of the Capitol city. Beyond the range of the border tribe is a fast and expansive city with a beautiful blend of modern and traditional architecture. She's absolutely blown away. Her eyes sparkle in awe as she gazes upon absolutely everything she can see from her limited viewpoint, which gives Erik a small smile on his face for the first time in a while. Seeing how happy she is makes it all worth it, even if he's just begun.

 Seeing how happy she is makes it all worth it, even if he's just begun