10

Erik and Zhara have such different views on how peace can be achieved. Zhara has more optimistic views, but Erik is a cynic. He thinks the only way to make things better is to make them worse. To arm to oppressed to destroy the oppressors. To treat the colonizers the way they've treated others for centuries.

Nobody disagrees with Erik, in the sense that he wishes to abolish oppression and slavery, but how he wishes to achieve that sparks debate.

Is it worth it?

Will it succeed?

Will it make a bad problem even worse?

Or is it exactly what is needed?

Zhara can't seem to pick a side. Her mind and heart are once again at odds. She feels Erik's pain and understands his wishes... but she just can't stand idly by and watch as he commits mass genocide in the name of peace. She agrees with his idea, but cannot agree with his plan. It's just not who she is.

And here she is, stuck within the castle, confined to her chambers against her wishes. All Zhara wanted to do was to go out into the city and be with the people of the country she is now the queen of... but Erik won't let her. It's too dangerous. Not while she's pregnant.

Out of pure boredom, Zhara begins to wander her grand bedroom, admiring the architectural blend of modern and traditional, until she hears a rather large explosion coming from the outside. To the window she goes, only to see a battle taking place in front of her. Her eyes desperately search for any sign of her husband, but all she sees is a golden panther suit.

Now's the time.

Now's the time to act, for she refuses to spend one more second stuck in this room.

Zhara tries to pry the door open with all her might and all her strength, but the vibranium doors won't budge, so she goes for the next best option. She grabs a vibranium spear from one of the statues, and used it to open the door and free her of her confinements.

But as the queen attempts to flee the castle and find her husband, Erik is already down in the mound of vibranium, fighting against the other Black Panther, and not only fighting for his life but for his family.

" I don't need a suit to kill you," Erik announces as he stands and waits for the train of vibranium to go by, " Your reign is over! You sat up here safe and protected."

" You want to see us become just like the people you hate so much," T'Challa argues, " Divide and conquer the land just as they did!"

" Nah, I learned from my enemies. Beat them at their own game," Erik protests.

" You have become them!" T'Challa exclaims, " You will destroy the world, Wakanda included!"

" The world took everything away from me! Everything I ever loved! All I have... all I have is Zhara... and you're tryin' to take me from her, but ain't gonna let you. Ima track down anyone who would even think about being loyal to you! And Ima put their ass in the dirt right next to Zuri."

Where T'Challa fights honorably with a cause, Erik fights passionately with a cause.

The cousins have something to fight for, and it's what drives them. It's what keeps T'Challa fighting against the man he refused to kill... but he won't make the same mistake. Not again. Not this time, for when he has the opportunity... he takes it.

T'Challa plunges the very same spear Erik used during the battle right into his chest.

Erik gasps for breath as his mask removes itself from his face, not yet willing to admit defeat, but no longer able to hide behind his confidence.