11

Following the death of her husband, Zhara has one more check-up in the royal lab before she's personally escorted back home. She's taken back to New Orleans by T'Challa himself, as a short pit stop on his way to Oakland.

Zhara rushes back to her childhood home and runs into the warm embrace of her parents with a sigh of relief.

Her parents help her throughout the entire pregnancy, and her in-laws in Wakanda always ensure that she knows they will always be able to help.

During her final stage of pregnancy, Zhara runs into some complications, so the king of Wakanda brings her back, along with her parents.

She's looked after by Shuri, who slowly warms up to her, for they've hardly met beforehand.

And then, the day comes. Zhara goes into labor, and 8 hours later gives birth to her very firth child, officially marking her as a mother.

She holds her baby girl in her arms and swears that she sees Erik's eyes in her sweet little daughter.

Marli N'Jadaka Ali.

Marli is loved by her grandparents, both A'Beo and Eshter hold their grandbaby with glee and adoration.

Eventually, A'Beo takes a trip back to Jabariland, his home he hasn't seen in ages. He pays his respects to his late father, as well as the current ruler.

M'Baku knows of the great Ali warrior, and shows respect to the new grandfather.

But when the time comes to go home... Zhara wants to stay. She decides to stay in Wakanda, agreeing to visit her parents in New Orleans and have them visit the newly opened country.

Zhara raises her child in the safe country of Wakanda, even finding herself trusting a complete stranger with her baby.

She befriends the White Wolf who lives in a hut, and Marli brings him a joy he never knew was possible.

But then the day comes... and half of the universe completely disappears from existence, including the king of Wakanda and the royal family. The day comes to be known as the "Blip", and the country of Wakanda is in shambles, for they have no leader.

Maybe it was a lack of better options... but the elders chose Zhara to be the queen of Wakanda, to rule when they have no ruler.

Zhara rules as queen for five whole years, coming to work with the Avengers, or whatever is left of them. She raises her daughter, who's becoming closer and closer to her little cousin. Zhara and Marli frequently visit the nation of Haiti, where Naki and T'Challa the second dwell in peace.

The Avengers have a mission that Zhara was not part of, but they were seemingly successful, for people who were lost reappeared out of thin air, including that of the royal family. While Zhara is happy to see them, a large orange portal opens with a funny-looking man telling them to step through.

She knows it's leading to a fight, but she's ready.

Zhara has some guards look after Marli while she goes with T'Challa and Shuri through the portal, into a fight, unlike anything she's ever seen.

It's complete and absolute chaos. It's impossible to know who's winning or losing.

But it's the fight of their lives.

It's the fight against the man responsible for the death of trillions... but he's defeated by the man who sent the Avengers on this path.

Tony Stark gives his life in service of the entire universe.

And all bend the knee for Iron Man.

Zhara even attends his funeral with the royal family, still feeling his loss while not having known him, not even a little bit.

T'Challa soon takes his place as king once more after Zhara happily hands it over with no protest, she wishes to focus more on her daughter, who's just turned 6.

But no one expected T'Challa to get sick, and especially not so quickly.

T'Challa's uncurable illness led to his unfortunate death, and the entire country mourns during his funeral.

Zhara and Marli accompany Ramonda and Shuri during the funeral but know that they cannot stay. Zhara feels as if they've overstayed their welcome, even if her daughter is of royal blood. Zhara gives her goodbyes to the family, sharing tears with Shuri as the two women say goodbye to one another.

Zhara visits her parents in New Orleans before she joins Nakia in Haiti, deciding to enroll Marli in the same school as T'Challa, trying to give her a normal life.

Nakia and Zhara raise their children together while maintaining their own professions, happily and peacefully.

The time ultimately comes for Nakia to join the fight yet again, but Zhara has no wish to do so. Zhara stays with the children while Nakia goes under the sea to rescue the princess of Wakanda.

Zhara no longer wishes to fight. She's tired. She's exhausted.

She only wishes to be with her child.

She only wishes to be a mother, even if it's not under the desired circumstances.

With each day Marli grows, Zhara sees more and more of Erik in her, especially when it comes to her eyes.

Zhara turns a blind-eye to the fight and chooses to live peacefully with her daughter while continuing to be a doula for other women, for this is all she's wanted. Not war... but peace.

 but peace