9

Erik never thought that when he became king that he would be standing in the lab with his queen lying on a table where he waits for the doctors to figure out what's wrong with her. He never thought that he could lose her, the thought never crossed his mind.

The doctors perform every routine test, including a blood draw, while Erik impatiently waits for an answer. Maybe she's just dehydrated, or stressed, or maybe low blood sugar... but the answer is one he gladly accepts.

" How many weeks?"

" Six weeks, my king."

And the dates line up perfectly.

He dismisses the doctors, shooing everyone out of the lab so he can have a moment with his girl. She's hooked up to an IV, and groans awake within seconds of feeling Erik's hand over hers. Zhara's eyes blink open, taking a few moments to get past the blurry vision, which reveals her husband smiling down at her.

" Hey, beautiful," He utters softly, then brings her hand up to his lips to kiss, " I've got some news for you."

" What kind of news?" Zhara asks with her tired voice.

" We're having a baby."

Her heart practically skips a beat, her breath gets caught in her throat and her mind goes blank at the news that leaves her husband's lips.

" I'm... pregnant?"

Erik nods.

" I'm pregnant," Zhara repeats as she sits up with a smile on her face, " We're having a baby."

" We're having a baby," Erik affirms as his wife embraces him.

As the newlyweds hug, everything else seems to just fade away from existence. Every bad thing Erik has done to get them here, every person he's killed, and every truth he's kept from Zhara, it all disappears, and all that matters is here and now.

Every time Zhara saw Killmonger pales in comparison to the news that one day she will in fact become a mother, fulfilling a dream she's had for so long. She's helped countless women become mothers... and now it's finally her turn.

Erik leads his wife to their new grand bedroom, and coddles her every single want and need, and doesn't hesitate to use the multitude of servants ready to wait at their hand and foot. They sleep cuddled together, with Zhara's head nestled in Erik's scar-covered chest, and when they wake up, there's food already prepared for them to eat, as well as something new for the queen.

Zhara's presented with a brand new dress, beautifully handmade by the woman who hands it to her.

" Thank you," Zhara smiles at the woman.

" I had it made for you," Erik states as he takes his seat at the table to begin eating, " More where that came from. You'll never have to wear the same outfit twice. Each day you can have a whole new wardrobe."

" That is too much," She protests.

" Nah... not for my queen," He smirks, " Go put on your new dress."

Zhara complies with his request, going into a separate space where a few women offer to help her change, but she politely declines. Zhara dresses herself and uses a gorgeous comb to style her soft and fluffy hair, before she steps out to join Erik for breakfast, where he smirks and eyes her up and down.

 Zhara dresses herself and uses a gorgeous comb to style her soft and fluffy hair, before she steps out to join Erik for breakfast, where he smirks and eyes her up and down

And in his defense, she looks absolutely stunning.

Soon enough, the time comes for Erik to take the throne. He enters the room with Zhara trailing not too far behind, and takes his rightful seat on the throne, needing a minute to close his eyes and embrace the feeling, for it feels so damn good, especially with his wife sitting by his side.

" You know, where I'm from... when black folks started revolutions, they never had the firepower, or the resources to fight their oppressors. Where was Wakanda?" Erik questions, " Yeah... all that ends today. We got spies embedded in every nation on earth," he stands up from the throne, " Already in place. I know how colonizers think. So we're gonna use their own strategies against them. We're gonna send vibranium weapons out to our War Dogs. They'll arm oppressed people all over the world, so they can finally rise up and kill those in power. And their children, and anyone else who takes their side. It's time they knew the truth about us! We're warriors! The world's gonna start over, and this time, we're on top! The sun will never set on the Wakandan empire."

As Erik sits back down, Zhara feels the same nauseous pit in her stomach she's been getting for weeks. His words make her ill and set a frown on her lips.

" Wakanda has survived for so long by fighting only when absolutely necessary," Okoye protests.

"Wakanda survived like this in the past, yes. But the world is changing, General," W'Kabi states, " Elders, it is getting smaller. The outside world is catching up and soon, it will be the conquerors... or the conquered. I'd rather be the former."

" I disagree," Zhara says, finally speaking up and using her voice to draw attention to her, " I'd say the world is getting bigger. Technology is advancing in such ways that we can know anything about everything. We are aware of atrocities that we were never aware of before... so wouldn't it be best to help those in need, rather than fuel a war with practically the whole world?"

" See, baby, we are gonna help those in need... but we're doing it not by starting a war... but by ending one," Erik corrects, then turns to face the rest of the room, " You heard your orders. Let's get to it."

 ✦ ✦ ✦ ✦ ✦ ✦ ✦ ✦ ✦ ✦

[ what should erik and zhara's child's name be? ]