7

Truly, no one expected thee king of Wakanda to accept the challenge from a stranger, from an outsider... but T'Challa is too honorable to turn him away. They share blood, and because of that, he knows that Erik does have a claim to the throne.

T'Challa honors the traditions set before him as the tribe elders, Dora Milaje, the royal family and Zhara stand at Warrior Falls to watch the challenge play out. Zuri gives T'Challa the drink that strips away his powers of Black Panther, but even that isn't final. T'Challa tries to get Erik to back down... but he won't budge. Erik snaps his spear in half to make for a better weapon, then plunges it into the ground beneath the water.

" I've waited my entire life for this moment. I've trained, I lied, I killed, just to get here," He announces as he removes his vest and shirt to reveal all his scars, " I killed in America, in Afghanistan, Iraq. I took life from my own brothers and sisters right here on this continent," then picks up his weapons, " And all this death... just so I could kill you."

While Erik's words may be troubling, T'Challa doesn't seem phased as he gives a nod to Zuri.

" Let the challenge begin."

And Erik instantly leaps forward, going on the offensive and attacking T'Challa with everything he's got while his girl watches from the sidelines. Zhara stands on the rocks, eyes never once leaving the battle as her heart races. Each of Erik's movements seems to send her deeper and deeper into disbelief.

How could her sweet, loving boyfriend be such a fierce and rageful fighter?

T'Challa stands strong, using his shield to deflect Erik's attacks and remaining on the defensive. He stays his ground and uses all his strength to push back. He even manages to knock Erik on his back with the tip of his sword pointed at him, telling him to yield.

But there's no way in hell Erik will give up now. Not a chance.

Erik gets back up and continues to fight, but in doing so ends up getting his cheek cut but T'Challa's sword. Zhara gasps as she watches the blood drip down his face, and ultimately feels completely helpless to do anything. She cannot stop the challenge, and she cannot help him fight, for she wouldn't fight T'Challa, not even for Erik.

But now... now she sees Killmonger. He continues his violent attacks on the king, never once showing any sign of weakness. Erik knocks the king on his back and slashes his thigh. Erik pounds against the shield relentlessly as T'Challa is nearly cornered.

The tension increases at becomes more and more obvious that T'Challa may not be the winner of this battle

The tension increases at becomes more and more obvious that T'Challa may not be the winner of this battle. His family cries and his lover doesn't believe what she sees.

With each cut Erik makes, his smile grows bigger and bigger. He beats the king of Wakanda, he beats his own cousin, and it feels so damn good... especially when Erik's sword ends up inside of T'Challa's stomach.

Gasps are heard all around the waterfall, and even Zhara watches in disbelief. She watches as her boyfriend beats his cousin with no remorse. She watches Erik land punch after punch after punch.