two

hello hello. merry christmas to all those who celebrate!🎅❤️

i stated this in rumor has it, BUT i will NOT be doing chapter preview edits on my tiktok for these two stories. they're too time consuming and i'd rather focus on the writing instead🥰

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍🎄

TW: minimal swearing
word count: 3457

Aaron: "In this moment, I'm yours." Krista Ritchie.

Emily sighed as she walked down the stairs. The teenager turned to head towards the kitchen when she crashed into someone. The person had caught Emily by her arms to keep her upright.

"Shit," Emily said as she looked up at Aaron. The young man wore an amused smile as he took his hands off of Emily. "Sorry. I should watch where I'm going."

"Be glad it was me who caught you and not Ally. I've noticed she doesn't have the best grip on things lately. I watched her drop a pen five times yesterday," Aaron said and stuffed his hands in his pockets. "Good afternoon, also."

"Afternoon?" Emily asked and looked towards the clock in the living room. Sure enough, it was noon exactly when she walked down. "Well, what can I say? I like to sleep in."

"Understandable. We all need sleep," Aaron said and nodded his head. Emily smiled softly as she walked by him. The young man couldn't take his eyes off of her as she gestured for him to follow her.

"So, where's my mother? I figured you'd be following her around like a lost puppy with optimism in your eyes," Emily said and chuckled. "I'm making a sandwich. Would you like one?"

Aaron looked out in the hallway and didn't hear any sign of Elizabeth or his coworkers. "Sure, I'd love one."

"Can you hand me the bread, please," Emily asked and gestured over her shoulder. Aaron didn't hesitate to step in and help her.

"Your mother said something about a meeting. She said she had to go alone. It must be rather important," Aaron said as he handed Emily the loaf of bread. "Granted, majority of the things Ambassador Prentiss does is important."

"God, it's sickening hearing people call her by her official title," Emily said and rolled her eyes. "If I could, I'd just call her by her first name. It'd spare me the remembrance that I am her daughter."

"Why don't you just call her Elizabeth then?" Aaron asked as he leaned against the counter. "I mean, since it's something you'd prefer."

"Let's just say it's not the right look. Growing up in politics means that you're conditioned to do certain things to look good for the public eye. Heaven forbid the media and fellow politicians find out I call her Elizabeth. It'll practically shake up Washington," Emily said and chuckled. "Just imagine their reactions to everything else. A little fun and the whole world of politics goes mad."

"Maybe I need to make you your sandwich next time," Aaron said and smiled softly at Emily. She didn't realize that she was crushing the slice of bread in her hand. Emily scoffed and threw the piece of bread in the trash as Aaron watched her. The two were magnetic with each other. Wherever Emily moved, Aaron did as well. "I'm not judging if you like knuckle sandwiches better."

Needless to say, they had taken a liking towards the other. However, Emily Prentiss was a forbidden fruit since she was Aaron's boss's daughter. A simple flirt here and there wouldn't kill anyone.

"You could help, you know," Emily said and handed Aaron a butter knife and a plate. "Or you might become the bread."

"I'll make yours and you make mine?" Aaron asked and wiggled his eyebrows. Emily rolled her eyes as she laughed.