four

if you're a regular reader of my books, remember! read between the lines. y'all know how much i love symbolism and easter eggs😉

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: minimal swearing
word count: 3563

Aaron: "Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired." Robert Frost.

Aaron was in the study when he heard the loud slam of Emily's car outside. He made his way over to the window and saw Emily juggling all of these shopping bags in her hands. He couldn't help the small smile that formed on his lips as Emily looked up and noticed him through the window.

"Come help me instead of staring at me like a creep!" Emily yelled loudly as she waved the bags in her hands. Aaron chuckled as he practically raced outside of the house and towards Emily. "Thank you. Such a gentleman."

"You're welcome," Aaron said and smiled shyly at her. "Are these going upstairs, madam Emily?"

"Why yes, sir Hotch," Emily said jokingly. Aaron chuckled and waited for Emily to shut the car doors before walking with her.

"Nobody has ever called me Hotch before," Aaron said and looked over at Emily. The raven-haired woman raised her eyebrows.

"Did I just unlock a nickname?" Emily asked as a smile took over her face. She shut the front door before the two of them made their way upstairs.

"I think you did. I like it, but I think I like you calling me Aaron more," Aaron said and shrugged his shoulders. Emily nodded her head as she opened her bedroom door for the both of them. "So why all the shopping bags?"

"It's not like I went shopping or anything," Emily said sarcastically as she threw her bag and keys down on her nightstand. Aaron rolled his eyes as he set down the bags on her bed.

"Haha. Very funny," Aaron said and tilted his head in annoyance. Emily chuckled as she placed his hand on his arm.

"I'm going out with some friends tonight. They reached out and actually wanted to go do something. I figured I'd celebrate it with a shopping spree. And I'd lose the sarcasm. I got something for you," Emily said as she bumped her hip into Aaron's. The young man had a smile on his face as Emily dug for his present. "Well two things, but still."

Emily finally grabbed them and handed both things to him. One of them was a soft salted pretzel from a local store in the mall. The other was a pair of retro squared sunglasses. Aaron smiled widely at both the gifts.

"I love them. Thank you," Aaron said as he looked down at Emily. The young man didn't hesitate to pull her into a tight hug. Emily relaxed as the scent of his obvious Calvin Klein cologne.

They pulled away and immediately stepped back from one another. Both of their nerves were kicking in. Aaron looked over at Emily as he placed the sunglasses on himself. He smiled softly at Emily.

"How do I look?" Aaron asked as he held his hands up. He jokingly smoothed out his hair with his free hand, making Emily laugh at his antics.

"You look like you belong in The Beatles if your hair grows any longer," Emily said as she walked towards him and fluffed his hair to prove a point.

"A man's hair is a treasure," Aaron said and took off the glasses. Emily rolled her eyes as she felt Aaron right next to her. "But how short would you like it."

Emily turned to look at him and ran her finger through her hair. Aaron was trying so hard not to freak out about how close they were. Emily had tried to pay attention to his hair but couldn't because of how Aaron was looking at her. The teenager slipped her hands down to Aaron's arms as she looked at him.