five

the feminine urge to make me a smoothie, clean my room, and get my life together by noon is STRONG right now😭

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: swearing, physical fighting, blood, mentions of cheating, NSFW suggested, jealousy
word count: 3835

Emily: "I want you, forever, every day. You and me... every day." Nicholas Sparks.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Emily glanced up from her book and saw a familiar person leaning against the door frame. Aaron smiled softly as she placed the bookmark in her book and shut it.

"Hi stranger," Emily said softly as she made her way to the edge of her bed. "I feel like I didn't see you at all today."

"I know. Your mom had me on a leash," Aaron said and gestured towards the stairway. He placed both his hands in his pockets as he made his way over to Emily. The young woman pursed her lips as he stood in front of her.

"This sucks. I just want to be able to talk to you freely again," Emily said as she looked up at Aaron. He couldn't help but reach forward and push a strand of hair out of Emily's face. "Please tell me she left for a month."

"Wishful thinking. She's out at an event. She won't return until tomorrow morning. Ally told her to stay so you wouldn't be alone," Aaron said and smiled softly. Emily squinted her eyes at him.

"Ally isn't staying, right?" Emily asked as a brighter smile took over Aaron's face.

"Of course not. Ally loves us together. I convinced her to let me stay with you instead. She just told me about how difficult it is being a young parent," Aaron said and chuckled. Emily smiled as she stood up. Her hands ran over Aaron's shoulder and slide off his blazer. Emily threw it back onto the bed without breaking eye contact with Aaron. "Speaking of together. Are we going to talk about what happened?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about," Emily said and shrugged her shoulders as she tilted her head to the side. Aaron furrowed his eyebrows. "What are you talking about?"

"The thing. You know, at the," Aaron said and gestured towards the door. He was genuinely confused as to how Emily didn't remember this. "The kiss."

"Hmm, I don't remember that. Maybe you should jog my memory," Emily said and couldn't help the small smile forming on her face. Aaron's hand dropped as he smirked proudly. Emily's hands snaked around his tie before pulling him down.

The two met in a passionate, needy kiss as they couldn't physically get enough of each other. The young man grabbed Emily by her waist with one hand and pulled her closer. Emily's arms wrapped around his neck and tried to pull him closer. Aaron's hands dropped and lifted Emily up by the back of her legs, holding her against him.

Emily's hands ran through his thin hair, tugging at it slightly. Aaron fell forward and the two of them collapsed onto Emily's bed, their kiss never broke.

"Emily," Aaron said against her lips. Emily pulled back confused as she looked at him. "We got to slow down. Ally is still downstairs."

"I hate that you're so considerate," Emily said and rolled her eyes. Aaron chuckled as he got up from the bed and loosened his tie. "Where are you going?"

"Well, Ally is still downstairs and I don't have any clean clothes for tomorrow. I'm going to go stop by my apartment and then come back," Aaron said as he grabbed his coat and slipped it on. Emily made her way to the edge of her bed and looked up at Aaron.