six

the fact that my 1 year anniversary of this account is just around the corner absolutely amazes me. it's been a hell of a ride and we're just getting started🥰

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: swearing, NSFW, 18+, oral sex
word count: 3855

Aaron: "Where there is love there is life." Mahatma Gandhi.

"Emily," Aaron said softly as he shook the young woman. Emily's eyes shot open as she looked around at her surroundings. Her eyes locked onto the man that was smiling at her. "Hey."

"Hi," Emily said as she ran her hand over the side of Aaron's head. She couldn't help the yawn that came over her. Aaron chuckled as she shook the tiredness from her thoughts. "Are we here?"

Just then there was a parade of honking from various cars in the busy streets. Aaron chuckled as he heard yelling afterwards. Emily nodded her head, she was definitely in Brooklyn.

"This is it," Aaron said as he gestured toward the apartment complex right in front of him. He helped Emily out of the car as they took in the sight of the brick building. "It looks the same as it did when I moved out. Come on, let's get inside."

Emily grabbed her bag and jacket before they made their way into the apartment building. After several floors later with no working elevator, Emily and Aaron finally made it to the apartment.

"Nervous?" Aaron asked as he knocked on the door. Emily let out a puff of air as she looked over at him.

"Yes, actually," Emily said and crossed her arms. Aaron chuckled before he kissed the side of Emily's head. "I'll be fine."

Just as she thought she would be, the doorknob juggled from the inside. Emily's heart was pounding out of her chest as the door opened. She was met with a gorgeous older woman on the other side of the door.

"Oh, my boy," she said as she embraced Aaron in a tight hug. Her hands cradled the back of his head as her eyes shut tightly. Emily could practically see the love and comfort that radiated off of her and to Aaron from the hug. "How are you?"

"I'm good, mom. There's someone I'd like for you to meet," Aaron said as he pulled away from her hug. His mother's eyes landed on Emily. Needless to say, the teenager immediately felt the overprotection Aaron had talked about. "Mom, this is Emily. Emily, this is my mother, Andrea."

"So you're the one he talked about," Andrea said as she tilted her head to the side. Her eyes scanned Emily, trying to see if she could notice any red flags in her appearance. Emily grew conscious of the black dress she had been wearing. "It's nice to meet you."

"You as well. Aaron's told me so much about you," Emily said and reached her hand out. Andrea looked down at Emily's hand before shaking it loosely.

"Well, let's get the both of you inside," Andrea said as she tilted her head towards her apartment. Aaron placed his hand on Emily's waist and led her in. Andrea watched the two of them carefully as she tried to read the other's body language. "Aaron said it was your first time in New York. I had to go to that little diner down south of here. They have everything there, but Aaron's favorite is the Texas barbecue brisket. It's nearly a replica of the real thing."

"Well, we know where we're going next," Emily said as Aaron pulled out the chair for her. The teenager placed her hand on his arm before smiling up at him. "Once I come back, it'll be amazing."

"So you're still in school," Andrea said as she watched Aaron sit down between the two of them. Emily shook her head as she sat up straight in her chair.