three

well look at who is still alive! does my head hurt? yes. did i nearly throw up last night? yes. new year new me? possibly😭

i hope you all had a great new year. let's make it a good one!🥂

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: minimal swearing, jealousy
word count: 3720

Emily: "Make me immortal with a kiss." Christopher Marlowe.

"Hello. Good afternoon," Emily said as she walked into the living room. Both Aaron and Ally were in there on the floor drowning in paperwork that needed to be organized. "I like the suit today, Aaron."

"Oh, thank you. I thought I'd try to act preppy for once," Aaron said jokingly as he looked down at his attire. Emily chuckled at that little inside joke between them. "Elizabeth hasn't been in the best mood so we're trying to liven up the place."

"She's always broody, there's no surprise there," Emily said as she sat on the couch arm. "Ally, do you know when she'll be in? I'd like to steer clear of the walking hurricane."

"She won't be in until later this evening. She said she was making a quick day trip to New York. She said something about dress shopping for an upcoming event," Ally said as she looked over at Emily. "You know your mother, that could mean a number of different types of events."

"Right. Camera duties, fake smiling, all the usual in the world of politics," Emily said and smiled forcefully. "Well, if you need me, I'll be upstairs finally finishing my bedroom decorations. Having a breathable space is practically impossible in this house."

"Okay," Aaron and Ally both said as they watched Emily leave the living room. The second she did, Aaron felt an elbow jab into his ribs.

"Ouch! What the hell Ally?" Aaron asked as he rubbed the throbbing pain away. He moved away from the older woman as she rolled her eyes at the dramatic man.

"Go," Ally said and shooed Aaron away with her hands. Aaron furrowed his eyebrows as he moved further away from Ally.

"Go where?" Aaron asked as a look of confusion appeared on his face. Ally smacked her hand against her forehead as a response and shook her head.

"At this point, I'm thinking it's a miracle that you graduated with a Bachelor's degree," Ally said and rolled her eyes. "Go talk to Emily. Elizabeth is going to be gone all evening. Maybe you guys can go out for lemonades or something?"

"Lemonade? Really Ally?" Aaron asked as a loose smile appeared on his face. The older woman smacked her hand against his arm making him hiss in pain. "Ouch! Okay! Enough with the elderly abuse. I'm going."

"Elderly abuse?" Ally asked as her jaw dropped. She made a move to smack Aaron's arm again when the young man got up to his feet in a hurry.

"Stay," Aaron said and pointed a finger at the older woman. Ally rolled her eyes as she sat back against the bottom of the couch. When he saw that she wasn't going to chase after him, Aaron nodded his head as he straightened out his jacket. The young man glanced around the room until he found a reflective surface. He fixed his tie as best as he could and smoothed out a weird looking portion of his hair. "Alright. I'll be back."

"Don't faint on your way up," Ally said and chuckled. The young man turned and flicked his middle finger up at Ally before disappearing behind the wall. Aaron sighed softly as he looked at the stairs in front of him.