3- Find her

Hailey's P.O.V.

I was sitting at a table inside a house, just outside of the city.

"What is this place?"

An older man came up to me, "Hola, I'm Officer Lopez. It's like a safehouse, we couldn't take you to the station because I'm not sure who to trust there and we don't want you in the same building as Carlos."

"When Carlos realizes what's going on, you're not going to be safe." Justin said.

"He killed my parents, you were right. He sat there and lied to my face, why would he do something like that? I don't understand."

The lady agent sat down next to me, "My name's Amy Jackson. I work for the FBI, Agent Walker is my partner. I have no doubt Carlos loves you, Hailey, but with men like Carlos it's about power for them. They get off on it and he probably became obsessed with you the more he watched you. Like my partner already told you, he's not someone you bring home to Mom and Dad."

I wiped the tears for my eyes, "I'm so stupid."

"No. You can't help who you fall in love with." Amy said, running her hand up and down my arm.

Justin's phone started ringing, he left the room and answered it.

Moments later he walked back out. "That was the office. Carlos' lawyer got there and we can't hold him on the boggas charges we made up. Plus he knows Hailey isn't there, he's flipping out wondering where she is."

"We need to do something, I promised to work with you Agent Walker... I can't do this on my own anymore." Officer Lopez pleaded.

"What exactly do you need for charges to stick?" I asked.

"Evidence, an eyewitness to something illegal, anything to take him down. Everyone is too scared to talk around here and they should be, Carlos kills anyone that goes up against him." Officer Lopez said.

"I'll do it." I stood up. "What about the murder of Marcos? Will that help?"

Marcus was the President of Mexico's son. He got into some trouble and instead of going to his Dad for help, he got mixed up with Carlos, resulting in his death.

"Do you know what happened?" Justin questioned.

I nodded my head, "I was there, I witnessed the whole thing. But my question is, why is the FBI here? You don't have jurisdiction here?"

"Actually, it's kind of messy, but we do. Also, Marcos was found dead in Miami, Florida, so Carlos would be sentenced in the states. So we need to get you out of Mexico before he realizes what happens because once he knows you're willing to talk, he more than likely won't enter the U.S because he knows he'd be arrested." Amy informed me.

"What do I need to do?"

"Tell us what happened."

I told them everything. Every single detail, down to the papers I found in the floorboards in Carlos' office.

"Are you sure you're willing to testify against him?" Justin asked.

I looked down at the floor, would I?

"Yes!"

"Then we need to get her out of here."

Amy interrupted, "Justin, we need to get her into a witness protection program like, now! I give it a few hours before all hell breaks loose, she's not going to be safe."

*******

Carlos' P.O.V

"What do you mean? Where the hell is she?" I screamed as my men looked down in fear as we walked back into my house.