7- The Cabin

Hailey's P.O.V.

"Are you going to be okay and do you understand everything you need to do?" Justin asked.

"Yes and I know what to do. Once I get to where I'm going, stay put and don't go out. Blah, blah, blah. Got it."

"I have a call out to one of my contacts. I'll get a hold of you when he reaches me." Justin said.

"Here." Amy handed me a gun, already loaded with a clip. "There's extra clips in your bag. Do you know how to use one of these?"

I smiled. "Actually, I do. My Dad taught me." I took it from her and paused for a moment... "Do you think he'll find me?"

This was a very important question.

"No, as long as you aren't stupid. We'll get a hold of you once we find a better location to hide you. Right now I think this is our best chance at keeping you alive. Even though I think this is a really, really stupid idea. Justin's right, Carlos knows you're with Justin and I so if you're not he has no other leads. Plus you refused any other agents. If you want me to, I can come with you though?"

"No, I'll be okay. What if Carlos kills the both of you when I'm gone though?"

"I've already thought of that, my contact will get a hold of you. You're going to have to trust me on this one, okay." Justin tried reassuring me.

I wasn't so reassured but I nodded anyway. "How will I know who it is?"

"Alright, let's say something does happen to Amy and I. When my contact gets a hold of you, our code word so you know you can trust him will be... skittles."

"Skittles?"

"Yes."

"Alright. Skittles it is." I let out a breath. I needed to calm down.

"You're one of the strongest people I know. What you're doing is very brave, just so we can put away a dangerous man. Remember that. Also, whatever you do, stay off of social media." Amy warned.

"I will."

"Here's your phone. Our numbers are already programmed in it, only call if it's in an absolute emergency and don't call anyone else."

I started laughing, "A flip phone? Yikes."

"You don't need a smartphone, it's too high-tech and much more traceable."

"What is this?" I questioned, pointing to a weird button on the side of the phone.

"It's a scrambler so nobody can track your location, not even us. It's very important and if for some reason it falls off or breaks, don't use the phone anymore."

"Got it."

"Your bags are packed with everything you asked for. Keep the gun and phone close to you at all times. For some reason if we get word Carlos knows your location, get out. Don't pack, the only thing you need is your phone and your gun, oh and there's another gun and phone in your trunk with a few other outfits. Also, if you have to run," She pointed to a switch in my car. "Flip that red lever up, there is a little red light that will flash. This is a tracking device so we can get your location if things go sideways. Once you turn that on, our phones will beep letting us know you're in danger."

"Christ! He's not going to find me though, I promise."

"We'll be in contact with you shortly." Justin said as he handed me an envelope full of cash. "There's three grand in there, use it wisely." He opened my car door for me. I placed the envelope inside the bag that Amy packed for me. I gave them one last look before taking off.