12- Swimming

Hailey's P.O.V.

I felt the bed sink down beside me as I layed in bed sleeping. I stretched out, feeling good. The pain in my chest was gone and I was happy, which could only mean it was because I was with Jessica and her friends. People that made me laugh and smile again.

"Hailey, baby... wake up."

"Carlos?" I whispered.

I gasp as my eyes shot open.

Carlos.

He flipped me over onto my back. I didn't have time to scream before he straddled my waist, his hands wrapped around my throat and the other over my mouth.

He leaned in whispering, "Shut up. If you wake any of your little friends I'll slaughter every single one of them, do you understand?"

I nodded as tears started falling. His grasp against my throat got tighter, "How could you do this to us? How could you have betrayed me like that? I loved you and I will never let you tell anyone what you know... Do you hear me?"

I wiggled my hand up onto his, clawing at him in a desperate need for him to let me go, but he was too strong. I was starting to see spots as my vision blurred.

"I love you." He whispered as I finally stopped struggling against him. His brown eyes looked down at me as I ran out of air, a single tear slipping down my cheek.

I was dead.

I sat up in desperate need of oxygen. Panting as I scooted back in bed until I couldn't go any further because I hit the headboard attached to the wall.

I grabbed my burning throat as I coughed. I looked around for the man that was just in my room... but he wasn't here.

I was dreaming... but it felt so real.

I started crying as quietly as I could. I didn't want or need anyone to hear me. I rocked back and forth in my bed to try calming myself down as I hummed a tune my mom used to sing to me before I went to bed every night when I was little.

It looked and felt so real.

I looked over at the clock, 4am. I've only slept for two hours but there was no way I'd ever be able to fall back to sleep knowing Carlos was waiting there for me in my dreams.

I got up, grabbed a new outfit and went into the bathroom as quietly as I could. I turned the fan and water on before undressing. I looked into the mirror and stared back at someone I didn't even recognize anymore.

I checked my neck for marks, just in case but there wasn't any.

Jumping into the shower I turned it as hot as I could stand it, letting it hit my body and cried. After a while I washed up and shaved before the water turned cold and I got out.

I went in my room, put some makeup on and sat at the edge of the bed for an hour before going upstairs and started getting things ready for breakfast.

Drake's P.O.V.

What was that delicious smell?

Looking over at the clock, 8:52am. Still so early but my stomach had other plans for me. I got up, put my sweats on and made it down to the kitchen.

I saw Hailey by herself in the kitchen, cleaning.

"It's me, I'm entering the kitchen." I teased.

She looked up and smiled at me. "Good morning."

"What are you doing up already? And by the looks of it for awhile."

"I couldn't sleep. So I made cookies because it was too early for breakfast. I just put the breakfast casserole in the oven, that should be done in a little bit and I have dinner in the fridge already. Just needs to be warmed up for tonight."