21- Date night

Hailey's P.O.V.

Drake and I just got done showering. Tomorrow I leave and I can't help but feel sad about that. It's the unknown that terrified me.

Would Carlos kill me? Would I ever see Drake, Jessica, her parents or these other friends that I've gotten to know here ever again? All this wondering was eating away at me and I felt sick to my stomach.

"You ready for breakfast?" Drake asked.

"We already had breakfast… twice." I teased as I leaned into him.

"Not that, even though that was amazing I need real food."

"Yes, I'm ready. Let's go."

We walked out of the room, Drake's arm was wrapped around my back as I snuggled into his side.

"So about last night. That's how you used to dance at your performances?"

I busted out laughing. "Nooo! You think my parents would have cheered me on and let me continue to dance?"

He chuckled as we walked down the stairs, "Good point, well you were fantastic."

"Thank you." I leaned up and kissed his lips.

"Hey guys, what was fantastic?" Jess questioned, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Nothing!" I said before Drake could respond.

"We all know you danced for him last night." She turned towards Drake. "She's good, isn't she."

He nodded, with a devilish smile on his face.

Shane came up to me, and gave me a noogie. "By the way… I know what you did last night. Not cool."

I started laughing, "I have no idea what you're talking about?"

"It's the wife and the lawyer? You really had me going. I kept back tracking and going over all of the evidence again. I finally stopped when everybody started laughing at me."

"I'm sorry, I thought it was funny at the time. It was the wife though, right?"

"Yes, you were right."

"God I'm good. We definitely need to do another one of those sometime."

"Yes. When you move to Michigan, we'll all have a date night."

"Sounds good." I turned towards Jessica, "Jess can we hang out after Drake and I eat?"

"Yes! I thought you never asked." Making us both laugh.

After Drake and I got done eating, Jess and I grabbed a drink and headed down by the water and sat down in a lounge chair.

"I'm going to miss you." Jess said, not looking at me.

"I'm going to miss you too, Jess. I promise I'll be back."

Why the fuck was I making promises I wasn't sure I was going to be able to keep?

"I know. I just don't know why you can't tell me what's going on with you. I'm scared."

I sat up and faced her. "I hate that I can't tell you yet. I know it's really hard to understand but I promise you it's going to all make sense when I come home."

She paused for a moment before she smiled again, "Home? That makes me really happy to hear you say that."

"Home. You, Uncle Cal and Aunt Sue, you're my family and I want to be there with you guys and hopefully continue this amazing thing I have going with Drake, if I'm lucky."

"That boy loves you, which makes me so happy. You guys are so cute together."

"Thank you. I really like him Jess, he's perfect."