36- The end

Hailey's P.O.V. (11 months later)

Over the past year, Drake and I have been extremely busy between work, getting my studio ready and finding time for just us so we could get to know each other better. We couldn't be happier with how everything was falling into place.

After Aaron left our apartment that night, we called Kevin and Annie to thank them for our new puppy. Zoe and Connor had the honor of naming her, choosing Grace.

As for the dance competition. I went back and forth on whether I should go or not. Micheal went through a lot to get me into this and I was truly grateful that I had people in my life that cared that much about me.

I did end up choosing to go though. I danced to the song 'Believer' by Imagine Dragons. I poured my heart and soul into that dance, knowing this was the last time.

I loved dancing but after my dance was over, I looked out into the crowd and saw Drake, my family, our friends, Aaron, Justin and Amy and even my family in Switzerland watching and cheering for me... I wasn't sad that it was my last dance like I thought I would be. I had Drake, my new life surrounded by all these wonderful people in my life and my new dance journey to look forward to.

After I signed the papers and was handed the key to my new building, Drake and I got to work. Drake has been so supportive and helpful throughout all of it and I couldn't have asked for a better partner. The other's came and helped gut everything out too. It was a mess and a lot of work but we did it.

Everything that I had envisioned for my dance studio was happening.

I even had a few people stop while remodeling, wanting to start signing up their children and adults wanting to take classes with me when I opened up in the fall, which got me that much more excited.

*****
"Aaron, what the hell was that?" I scolded.

Aaron was keeping up his end of the bargain and I was finally giving him a dance lesson before Drake and I headed to the cabin with everyone.

"You told me to spin. I did." Aaron argued.

"No, I told you to turn while slowly moving your pelvic region, seductively."

"Yeah. I'm not going to do that."

Drake started laughing, making me snap my head towards him. "Babe, that's not helping Aaron relax at all."

"I'm not laughing at him. I'm laughing at the two of you bickering. I'm glad I came to watch this."

"Babe!"

"I'll stop."

I turned back towards Aaron. "You're impossible. You want to impress this lady of yours, right? And you told me you wanted to be a little bit sexy."

"Those words never came out of my mouth." He let out a breath, his jaw was tense and he needed to just relax.

I went up to him and shook his shoulders. "You want to impress-"

"Yes! Alright, let's fucking do this."

He cracked his neck and grabbed a hold of my waist with one hand and my hand with the other.

"Don't Mafia men go to all these different kinds of galas and stuff? I thought you would know how to dance a little bit."

"What do you know about Mafia men?"

I was clearly just pissing this man off.

"Only what I read in Wattpad books... now relax. Good Lord." I started guiding him as we moved. "Move with the music and whether you're trying to be romantic on the ballroom floor or sexy in the bedroom, confidence is key. You wouldn't go into one of your weapons trades without confidence, right?"