Almond Tofu (GN Reader x Xiao)

A/N

IT WAS SO HARD FOR ME TO WRITE XIAO'S CHARACTER I AM SO SORRY LMAO 

I like writing characters who are upbeat so this was way out of my comfort zone so bear with me as I do my best to adapt to his character <3

Reader x Xiao 

In this oneshot, you are a pyro sword user.

Spicy Level: Guacamole. 

As the daughter of Huai'an, the respected owner of Wangshu Inn, you were born and raised there. You practically lived there your whole life for the past twenty years. You saw employees come and go through the years, changes being made to the Inn, and new faces. You loved your life at the Inn and found yourself to have a huge passion for helping others. That's how you scored your pyro vision at the bright age of 16. Since then, you were known as the protector of Wangshu Inn, protecting the outskirts from Hilichurls and slimes. Your father and mother were extremely proud of all that you had accomplished, and you were too. You never wanted things to change, until you met him. 

It was late one night, and you had just finished up your patrol. Heading back to the Inn, you spotted a lone figure up top the balcony. 

Strange. I wonder what they're doing up there? You wondered as you made your way to the entrance of the Inn. You stopped by the elevator and ascended upward to your father's office where you would report to him. You walked over to his door and knocked softly. 

"Come in!" He shouted. You opened the door slowly to see him at his desk reading over some documents. He looked up and smiled. 

"(Y/N)! How's my favorite pyro user doing!" He said as he stood up from his desk and extended his arms for a hug. You quickly hugged him back and grinned. 

"Everything is going well! Just finished up patrol for the night!" You said as you pulled away from the hug. Your father patted your head and smiled. 

"Have I ever told you how proud of a father I am? The first person in our family bloodline to receive a vision," He said as he ruffled your hair. You smiled. 

"Yes father, you practically tell me every night!" You exclaimed giggling. Your father sighed. 

"Yes yes, words cannot explain how happy I am to see how much you have accomplished. Keep up the good work, and rest well tonight," He said as he sat back down at his desk. You grinned and gave him a mini salute. 

"Will do!" You said as you walked out of his office and closed the door. You sighed as you looked up at the night sky. Stars decorated the navy blue sky, and the moon was shining a beautiful pale shade of yellow. You closed your eyes and took in the atmosphere of the night. There was never a chaotic night at Wangshu Inn, and you were forever grateful for that. Compared to the other parts of the realm, Wangshu Inn was truly a peaceful place. You opened your eyes softly and made your way up to your favorite spot on the balcony. As you climbed up the stairs to your beloved spot, you saw that the figure was still there. You furrowed your brows as this part of the Inn was restricted only to your family during these hours. 

"Um excuse me, the hours are posted by the stairs, there should be no one up here right now," You said as you stepped toward the figure. They turned around. It was a man, he was wearing a white tank top with puffy navy blue pants. His hair was a mix of jade and black. And his yellow eyes were mesmerizing. You gulped as you took a step back. He looked annoyed. You couldn't tell if he was actually annoyed or if it was his resting face. 

"Sorry," He muttered as he took a step down from the balcony he was sitting on. You smiled as you waved your hands. 

"No no! It's okay! Not many people know of that rule! It's just that since my family basically lives up here, my father wants to assure that we have some privacy during the night, that's all!" You said smiling. He tilted his head.