Masquerade (GN Reader x Tartaglia)

A/N

No, this is not the Masquerade song you were thinking of, it's actually a song by Lindsey Stirling as well, that's where I got the inspiration to write this from :D

Reader x Tartaglia

In this oneshot, you're a cyro sword user :)

Spicy Level: WATER PLS

You had always believed in the Fatui's cause. That implementing members undercover in each of the seven nations would finally unite them together in harmony. But, it had occurred to you that there was more than just the idea of peace. The Tsaritsa wanted more than just peace, they wanted power. And you soon had realized that the very Archon who granted you your vision, only did so because they wanted you to join them in their quest for that power. So one fateful night, you fled. You had no idea where you would go, but all that mattered is that you escaped the Fatui. You found yourself in Liyue after sneaking onboard a cargo ship. And so, you created a new life for yourself. You changed your name, background, and origin of how you obtained your vision. You were living a double life, but it was all for the sake of taking down the Fatui. You worked in the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor as a receptionist during the day, and at during the night, you went on expeditions to take down the Fatui one by one. This night however, was different. You had found out from word on the street that the Fatui were holding a Gala disguised as a fundraiser. Apparently they were doing so to obtain funds for their next expeditions, thus why they disguised it as a fundraiser. Today at the Parlor, you were tasked with sorting documents. As you were debating the difference between two similar wills you heard someone tap at your desk. You looked up to see Hu Tao. 

"Hey (Y/N)! How are ya doin'?" She asked cheerfully. You smiled as you set the two documents down to greet her. 

"Why I'm doing well, what about you?" You asked as you smiled at her. 

"Same here! You going to the Gala tonight?" She asked as she leaned onto your desk. You nodded. 

"Really? I never took ya for a Gala kinda person," You shrugged your shoulders. 

"Might as well, it is for a good cause after all," You lied. But you knew what the Gala was actually for, and you wanted to put a stop to whoever organized it. 

"I think Zhongli is also going to be attending tonight! Who woulda thought, he isn't the type to have a large sum of money for an event like that!" You chuckled at Hu Tao's joke as you looked down at the two documents. 

"Are you going to go?" You asked as you finally decided the difference between the two. 

"I think I might! Although, something seems off with this Gala," You perked your head up upon hearing those words. 

"What do you mean?" You asked curiously. Could Hu Tao know what was going on as well? 

"It just feels weird that a Gala like this would appear out of nowhere with no prior warning, y'know?" You nodded. 

"That's what I was thinking as well," You said as you finished sorting the documents. 

"Word on the street has it that the Fatui are behind this," Hu Tao whispered. You looked up at her. 

"You're so good at spotting lies. You gotta teach me sometime," You said with a sly grin. Hu Tao looked at you surprised. 

"You knew?" You nodded your head. 

"Woah! We should go together, make sure no one is gonna cause any trouble," She said. You smiled. 

"I'll meet you at the front this evening," You said as you stood up from your desk and grabbed your coat. Hu Tao waved to you.